74. Old faces

9 months later and I'm back. Sorry I've been gone so long lol I sort of wasn't sure what to write next. I've re-read my story to try an re-enter the universe. I've realised there's a lot of messing up names and I had to put my phone down a few times out of second hand embarrassment but I'm glad you all enjoyed it Hah. I also realised that there are many plot holes in the story and lots of messing up dates and places but me move. Also I was creasing while re-reading because there's definitely some questionable content and everyone's comments are so fucking hilarious. #wattpadcommentsontop
Please remind me of content u wanna see

• THALIA •

I leave the school rounds feeling relatively happy

I leave the school rounds feeling relatively happy. And that is no sense I throw around lightly. Dare I say it, I even have a kick in my step. I don't think my life has ever felt so full. I have an amazingly crazy family and a guy who I'm pretty certain is all for me. I just want to be around Warren Rico, 24/7 all day long.

Warren had to stay behind for football practice, something I'm surprised he still makes time for with all the studying that goes into A-levels. That's just another thing I admire about my beautiful man.

I unlock my phone to find a message from Warren. Speak of the devil.

Big cock man: I'll be round yours tonight. Don't miss me to much x

I never actually got round to changing his name. I scoff at his cockiness.

Thalia: who said you had an invite?
: I've already invited a new friend over, their name is Samuel

I wait full of anticipation for his reply. This boy has me on the edge of my seat.

My phone rings almost instantly after.

"Who the fuck is this Samuel? What a stupid name." Warren mumbles into the phone, sounding in pleased.

I don't blame the boy. If I knew he was inviting a girl over I'd be raging.

"Aren't you meant to be mid practice right now..." I ask, hinting for an answer to my question.

"You're more important, you know that."

I never do not blush at anything this man says. He has me smiling all day long.

Before I get the chance to reply, an arm tugs me to the side causing me to drop my phone onto the hard gravel.

"Hey, what the..." I find myself stood in front of a brick wall, staring at a short woman. She has blonde hair with near-black roots. She has dark bags beneath her blue eyes.

"I've missed you, baby." She whispers, ticking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I awkwardly swing on my heels, "sorry miss, I think you have me mixed up with somebody else. I'll be on my way..."

She links her fingers in mine, "darling, no. I could never forget your beautiful face. You always were my favourite."

Did I...work for her at some point?

"Oh my gosh, right... it's nice to see you too." I lie through my teeth. I have absolutely have no idea who this woman is. "Nice to catch up but I've gotta dash..." I start to walk off but her words stop me.

"Don't you want to grab a coffee with your old woman?"

***

I am utterly weirded about this interaction. I was - still am - so shell shocked that I forgot to retrieve my phone off the ground. This time I won't have a Warren to buy me a new one.

My mother told me she wanted to treat me to coffee however I ended up paying because she said she was dead broke. I am now left on an awkward position.

This is surreal, seeing my mother. Just when my life had started to settle.

When does a girl get a break?

"I sure your face in the news, honey. I just had to find you." The woman who's supposedly my mother says.

"And my brothers..."

"Right, your brothers too." She swats the air.

Something tells me she's not here for my six brothers.

But something also tells me she's not here for me either.

"Well thanks for buying - or drinking - coffee with me, but Dad is expecting me back..."

Her head cocks to the side, "ah, your father. How is he? Happy with himself after... never mind."

I'm feeling unsettled and uncomfortable. That's not how people are meant to feel around their mothers, is it? I suppose I wouldn't really know, but then again, this woman is as foreign to me as an alien.

I stand, "thanks for...this. I'll see...yeah."

"Let me give you my number." My birth mother says, standing quickly after my.

I point in the direction of the door, "I sorta dropped my phone."

She mutters something unknown beneath her breath. She grabs the napkin that came with the coffee and then a pen from in her bag and scribbles down her number. She hands me the napkin, "here. Call me." She kisses on the cheek and then walks off.

What the fuck just happened?