37. Family group chat

• THALIA •

"Listen, honey, I'll give you a 3 for 2 deal

"Listen, honey, I'll give you a 3 for 2 deal." Some dealer tells me whilst grabbing onto my waist.

I shake his head and shove him away from me, "fuck you and your deals."

I try and fight my way though the large crowd but it's a struggle. "Excuse me, guys." I tell a couple grinding on each other. They ignore me so I repeat myself a few more times and get no reply. So I decide to just try walk thought the couple. Breaking last their bodies they yell at me from behind, "watch where you're going, bitch." I flip them off as I walk ahead to the drinks table.

I went on a walk to clear my head and ended up at this random house party full of tories.

"I'm make you a drink, babe." A random guy offers, eyes half shut, his speech slurred.

"I'll pass." I tell him, taking some Malibu and pouring it in a cup. You can never trust anybody with your drink. I've been drugged before, it isn't pretty.

Leaning against the pop-up table, I take a sip of my drink and observe the crowd.

I reckon everyone here is a little older than me. Maybe 16,17? All the guys are in fucking Nike tech tracksuits, whereas the girls have dressed up in pretty little thing and Oh Polly dresses. British culture at its finest.

I look a little out of place in my joggers and jumper, but if the boys can turn up in what looks like pyjamas, so can I.

"Wanna dance with me, baby?" A blonde guy comes up to me with a beer in hand.

"No thanks, scurry along, mate." I tell him, pointing to the crowd who are all practically grinding against each other.

Some Stormzy song starts blaring through the speakers, everyone singing along just jumping up and down.

I look to my right and spot a boy looking at me so I just turn my attention back to the crowd. But I take a second to register what just happened and my head snaps back to the boy. Nikolai?!

He walks over to me and puts himself a drink. "What the fuck are you doing here? Everyone's looking for you."

"Everyone's looking for me?"

"Isn't that what I just said?" He deadpans.

"Shut up," I joke, rolling my eyes.

"Seriously, what are you even doing here. Didn't realise you had friends."

I scoff, "I don't. I was on a walk then heard loud music and thought I'd check it out."

"Sounds fun." Nikolai states sarcastically.  He spins around and leans on the table as well. "Dom brought his girl round tonight."

"Yeah?"

Nik nods, "she seems nice. Too good for that douche bag. But hey, if doesn't concern me so who the fuck cares, right?"