47. Heart breaks

• THALIA •

Apparently the results are in

Everyones making their way to the main living area.

I'm scratching my arms repeatedly and I feel like I might throw up right here, right now.

Everybody piles into the room, masking their feeling differently.

Whilst Dom looks like he couldn't care less, Nadine looks like she's about to puke.

Matteo is properly shaking as he grabs onto the piece of paper.

I don't want to admit it to myself... but I'd love if we were related. But there's no way... I wouldn't have been brought up the way I did if I were part of their family. Right?

Matteo looks as pale as a ghost right now. A few people ask him if he's okay and he just nods like he's being held at gunpoint.

He slides the piece of paper out the envelope and his eyes scan over whatever's written on it.

"We are not related." Matteo states into the tense room.

Okay, that's okay. That's okay. It's fine. It's fine. I'm totally fine. That is cool. A-OK. Cooooooool.

"You alright?" Stella asks putting a hand on me.

I flinch.

I don't know why it happened. If just did.

In some ways, it makes it easier to leave. "Right then, you all know what I said." I state, my bottom lip quivering.

Nadine stands up, "T, no.." she trails off, looking hurt.

"Sorry," I say as merely a whisper and I leave the room. I cannot watch them break down. I can't.

Someone follows me out the room, and I can take a good guess who.

I walk over to a wall and lean against it. Holding a hand to my chest to calm myself.

Gio appears, he puts his hands on my shoulders. His eyes are bloodshot and his hair looks like hands have been run through it several time. "T..." his voice breaks and that means I break. "Don't leave."

"I'm sorry," I sob. He leans in to hug me and I grip onto him like the worlds about to end. It kind feels like it is. This family became my world scarily quickly. And now I have to go. "I wish we met sooner," I whisper into his shoulder, I don't think he hears. It's probably for the better.