9. Cry me a river

• THALIA •

🎶 cry me a river - Justin timberlake 🎶

I can't believe I'm letting these dipshits see me cry. Now they think they have a huge toll on my emotions. Well actually, I'm not exactly letting them see me cry. I didn't give them permission. And I certainly didn't give the tears permission to fall from my eyes.

I'm covering my face with my palms but they can hear me crying.

It's not a few years that are escaping, it's a whole truck full of them. They haven't stopped since they started. They just keep coming like a tsunami. I am about to sadness in the sadness. With no swimming lessons and no life jackets and no life guard making sure I'm okay.

"Thalia, your going to ruin your makeup."

Okay, that makes me reveal my face. My back snaps straight. "You're seriously bothered about my fucking makeup? Are you for real. You just slapped me! And you're talking about my makeup." I shake my head, disappointed in this woman who has no regards for other peoples emotion.

"Language, young lady." Peter chimes in.

I turn my attention to him, "and you! You're just sat there, letting your wife treat a kid like this. I'm just a kid. Please, leave me alone."I tell him, voice breaking.

I avert my gaze between the two of them. They're both just sitting there. With no care in the world. Looking at me like I'm inhuman. Like they're disgusted by me.

I sigh, the night has only just begun.

__________________________________

at the restaurant

I'm feeling incredibly awkward. Sat with Esmerelda next to me and Peter opposite. I love food and this bolognese looks delicious, but I lost my appetite the moment I got to their home. I'm not sure if I'll get it back during my stay. Or ever.

I go to pick up the fork, a whiny voice stops me in my tracks. "Don't eat all of that, Darling. We don't want you to have to squeeze into your leotard."

I drop the fork, turning my head to meet her gaze. "So get me a side up." There, problem solved.

She shakes my head like she can't fathom the fact I just said this words. "I already ordered everything. Plus, no. It's a way of keeping you slim and beautiful."

Now my appetite has left the universe. It really said "cya". I lean back in my chair, crossing my arms. Esmerelda kind of looks relieved that i look like I'm not gonna eat. "Slim does not equal beautiful."

Esme mutters something that I can't distinguish under her fishy breath.

I don't eat for the rest of the day.

__________________________________

• 1am •

My phone is non stop buzzing buzzing buzzing.
My brain is non stop buzzing buzzing buzzing.

The phone stops ringing. At last-

My phone starts buzzing buzzing buzzing.

I groan into the silky pillow, picking up my phone and pressing accept. Massaging my forehead.

"THALIA!" A familiar voice screams into my ear. I have to hold the phone further away.

"Hello, Nadine." I say, not reciprocating her alarm ness.

"YOU HAVEN'T CALLED ME A R TEXTED ME AT ALL TODAY. I WAS WORRIED. I AM WORRIED. ARE YOU OKAY?"

The phone moves further from my ear again. "I'm sorry, Nadine. Today was... a lot. I'm okay, I'm okay. Are you?"

She sighs, tone quieting. "I'm okay. How was today?"

Now it's my turn to sigh. "It was... something. That's for sure."

"Elaborate."

"My new foster parents... they're kind of, well I don't know, weird?"

"Mhm."

"Esmerelda wants me to start ballet. That just proves my point that she doesn't know me. She acts like I'm her new doll. To dress up and mold.
And then she-"

I pause, feeling embarrassed about my meltdown.

"She what, T?"

"She... hitme."

"She what?"

"She h I t  me."

"H I T- SHE HIT YOU?"

"Yep." I murmur into the phone.

"THAT BITCH,  IM COMING TO GET YOU, BABE. RIGHT NOW. I SHOULD'VE NEVED LET YOU GO."

"Nadine Nadine Nadine, no no no. It's okayyyy. It's fine, I'm fine. It is fine."

"It's not Thalia. I'm already in the car. The garage door is going up. The car is on. Now I'm pulling out."

"Nadine," I plead. "Don't don't don't."

"Too bad, T. I'm already there."

_________________ not too long later....__

Oh fuck.

A black, convertible BMW pulls up at 1:30 am.

I quickly buzz Nadine, "Nadine," I whisper-yell into the broken phone in my hand. "You seriously came?"

She laughs a little, "well no shit. You're looking at my car. Get your ass out here, pronto."

I shake my head, uncertain of what I should do.

"I'm waitingggg." Nadine says. I curse before tiptoeing out the front door and towards her car. I'm some pjs, seeing as my clothes were thrown out and all the new ones I feel incredibly uncomfortable and out of place in.

Nadine immediate hugs me when I get in. Squeezing me tightly. "Fuck, I'm sorry." She whispers sorrowfully.

I pull away, looking into her eyes. "You should be sorry for fuck all, Nad. Okay?"

She nods like she's trying to force herself to believe my words. "I'm taking you home."

There's no use arguing. I'm tired, the cars already left the drive way and is on the move. And in all honesty, I'm relieved. I know it's gonna coke back and bite me in the ass tomorrow, but the relaxation feels nice right now. Plus, they say live in the moment.

My eyelids are begging to get real heavy right now, but Nadines voice pulls me out of my near sleep.

"So Bennu's bachelor party is today.... I wasn't going to have one, but maybe you and I could just, I don't know, hang? Go out, maybe."

I tell her I'd be honoured before falling into a deep slumber.

Darkness over takes me and I'm damn grateful for it.

_________________________________

A/n

I promise you all the wedding is soon soon soon

It's tommorow in this universe.

Are u excited for Bennu and Thalia to meet? Husband and bestie. But is that all they are to each other?