66. Alley Ways

• THALIA •

I want to bash my head into a wall and keep it there

Why did that hurt so damn much?

Telling the people I love that I hate them. Telling them to fuck off. That I don't need them.

Lies, they were all lies.

But Esmerelda said if I ever talked to them then there would be consequences.

I can't let them get hurt. I just can't.

But making them think I don't love them? That stings. They welcomed me into their home when no one else would. Loved me when I didn't even love myself. Treated me like I was their family.

They're probably confused.

We left on good terms, I made sure of it.

And now I've just told them I despise their existence. That can be a little confusing for the human brain to comprehend.

As soon as I exited the building and walked outside I let the rain drown my thoughts.

I'm telling myself that my face is damp from only the rain, not the waterfall of tears I cried not very long ago.

I don't even care how bad I look right now. I don't give a flying shit. I want the ground to open up and swallow me whole. I want to disappear. I wish I never existed.

It was hard. Telling Rich I didn't care about him when all I wanted to do was suffocate him with hugs.

And I just wanted to tell everyone so much.

I wanted to tell Dom that I understand him. I get it. I get why he pushes people away. I wanted to tell Nikolai that he doesn't need to be so reserved all the damn time. That his family isn't going to judge him for simply opening his mouth. I wanted to tell Gio that there's so much more to life than just technology. I wanted to tell Matteo to wipe that look of guilt off of his face. I wanted to tell Axel that it's okay to let your guard down. That he doesn't always need to appear so hard and emotionless all the time. And I just wanted to tell Bennu how great I think he is. He's just great.

But I can't.

I need to let go of Warren. He's connected to them. They're friends. I can't risk their safety.

I stand up off of the wet floor and curse at myself. Guilt floods all my emotions when I see little grains of dirt splattered all over the dress Warren gifted me with.

I start walking south. Or east? West or North? Fuck knows anymore.

I need to get out of here. I don't know where. Heaven? That's be nice. I think Hell is the only place in my cards though.