chapter three

Bonnie's pov
October 30th 2013
A "new" friend

I avoided the boy for two days, but I think he was avoiding me as well. He didn't try and talk to me anymore, and everytime I came near him he quickly looked away.

It was currently my last class, I was sitting in front of that annoying teacher that took pity on me for not speaking. She was typing away on her computer as everyone did their work, but the clicking stops. "Ms. Lewis, please come up to the front" a few people start to whisper as I stand up, I glance around the room- now noticing the tall boy isn't in the room, why am I wondering where he went?

One girl not able to lower her voice to whispering level, ".....I think the Americans in trouble..." she snickers, I walk up to the teachers desk. She clicks her long nails on her desk, staring at me like I was stupid.

"...your father told me that your not mute..." I tense, of course he did. "So, Ms. Lewis. Speak up, please turn to the front of the class and read this" she hands me a slip of paper, I shakily grab it. I could feel myself overheating as I see all the eyes on me, I look down at the paper.

"....the dog jumped over the log...."

Everyone goes quiet, the teacher claps. "Thank you Ms. Lewis, you may take your seat" I drop the paper back on her desk and quickly walk back to my seat.

We all hear a knock on the door, the nearest student opening the door to reveal the tall boy. He quietly thanks the student and speed walks to his seat, the room fills with whispering again. I could tell he was confused or thinking they were whispering about him, he looked really anxious.

I quickly scribble something down on a piece of paper.

Don't worry, there not whispering about you.

I fold the paper, I lean over and throw the paper on top of his desk, he looks at me confused before unfolding the paper. I see him smile while he reads the paper, he slowly turns his head and gives me a happy smile. He looked childish, he flips the paper I used over and starts writing something on it.

"Okay, Ben. I'm putting you in charge, I need to go grab some papers" one kid with orange hair nods so I'm guessing he was Ben, the teacher leaves the room and the boy passes me the note.

I go to grab it but Luis snatches it from my desk, me and the boy both turn to the visibly stronger kid. "Is this a love note?" Luis waves the paper around making everybody turn, he looks at the side of the paper that the boy wrote on. "Thanks for telling me,  I think your-"

"Cut it out Luis" the boy stands up and tries to snatch the paper from his hands, Luis was shorter but stronger than the boy so he just put a hand on his face and shoved him away. "Stop being such a bitch"

"Me?" Luis laughs and puts a hand on his chest, "What are you looking at American?" He shoves past the brown haired boy and walks up to my desk, Luis drops the paper and the boy immediately picks it up, stuffing it in his pocket. "What are you gonna do? Cry?" Luis leans forward and grins at me, I look down at my paper and continue to work. Luis scoffs and walks to the front of my desk, slamming his hands in front of my paper.

"Come on Luis, leave her alone" Ben stands up, Luis glares at the boy and he quickly sits back down.

"You gonna say stop? We all know you can speak, come on. We wanna hear your amazing accent" Luis pokes my forehead, I look up at him and stare into his soul, it was like we were having a staring contest. He blinks and backs up, he awkwardly laughs. "What a freak, your friends with the American" Luis points at the lanky boy.

"W-what?! No I'm not!" The boy crosses his arms, I roll my eyes. I thought he'd actually be nice, guess I was wrong. "Why would I be friends with the American?"

Luis laughs, "That's what I thought" Luis grabs my chair and shoves me to the ground, my head hitting the desk behind me. I see the tall boys eyes widen.

"A-are you okay?" He kneels down and puts a hand on the back of my head to help me up, I shove him off and sit up by myself.

"I thought you weren't friends with the American" Luis snickers, "Williams gotta girlfriend" some of the class laughs, so the boys name is William.

"N-no I don't Luis! Why would I ever fancy let alone be friends with the american?!" William closes his hands and stands up, I stand up as well. Taking my seat from Luis and sitting down, the pain in my head never leaving.

Luis goes to speak but a student cuts him off, "teacher!" Luis and William scramble to their desks, sitting down right before the teacher comes back.

She smiles at all of us, "such a well behaved class" I roll my eyes, my gaze stopping on William. His hands were in fists, resting on the desk with his shoulders raised.

William suits him.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°