chapter thirteen

Bonnie's pov
February 14th 2014
My valentine

"Its not even that funny" Wilbur rolls his eyes, I giggle as I stare at him through my phone. "I'm just a man now" He had a visible cut on his jaw from a shaving accident.

"Okay, okay....I'm over it" he huffs and I start laughing again.

"Sunshine I will hang up right now-"

"No! No, I'm sorry...I'm done" we sit in silence for a minute as I hold my breath.

"Are we still meeting in an hour at the park?" I nod and he smiles, "we should read books together, Oh- I have my gift for you"

"I have mine too....I used my dad's credit card..." Wilbur's eyes widen, "I don't have money stupid" he shrugs.

"Have you tried talking to your mom after your last visit?" I nod.

"I forgave her but now she's asking me to move to Nottingham with her, of course I wouldn't because I don't wanna leave you. I'm just a loser with a boyfriend" He shakes his head.

"I actually think your pretty cool"

we both smile at each other before a noise on Wilbur's end snaps us out of our gaze.

"...hey-"

"I gotta go...see you soon Sun.." He quickly hangs up, I shrug it off. It was probably his dad, I should get ready.

|

I swing Wilbur's present over my shoulder, grabbing my reading glasses as well before leaving my room. "Where are you going?" I smile at my dad, he stares at me in disgust.

"To the park"

"Looking like that? Oh wait- you always look like shit nevermind" He chuckles, I just sigh and open the front door, his insult couldn't even get me down. I've never fallen this in love before.

I step into the park and look around for Wilbur, I see him leaning against 'our tree' the first thing I notice is that he got a haircut. I thought he promised me.

"Wilbur!" He turns and smiles at me, though it immediately fades.

I hug him but he doesn't hug me back, I go to give him a peck on the lips but he turns his head so I kiss him on the cheek. Maybe he wasn't in the mood, "...whats on your back..?"

I go to speak but I get shoved to the ground, my reading glasses dropping on the ground next to me. "Look at the American!" Luis. "Williams dating the American!" I lift my head and see Wilbur looking down at me with clenched fists. Luis, Paul, and Panadol were all standing over me.

"I already told you, I don't like the American" Wilbur scoffs as he looks down at me, you could see the hurt in his eyes.

"Oh yeah? Prove it" Paul, more known as Luis's minion, kicks me in my side. Wilbur nods, looking down at me again.

"Does this prove it?" Wilbur takes a step forward, crushing my reading glasses beneath his shoe. Luis and Paul laugh, Wilbur slowly joining in.

"Stupid American"

I couldn't believe what was happening, why?

Luis kicks me in the stomach, Wilbur let out a little gasp. We all look at him, "uh, you guys can go...I'll t-take care of the American from here" the three grin and nod, Panadol stepping over me and giving Wilbur a passionate kiss before leaving with the other two. "Are-" Wilbur holds out his hand.

I stand up, shoving him away. "I can't believe you" I take his present off my back, pushing it into his hands.

"What's this?"

"Your present, it's a guitar...I named her Simone" I turn away and start walking away, after a minutes I hear footsteps behind me.

"Sunshine! Please, listen!" I just start walking faster, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around and slap it off me, it was a sense of deja vu. Wilbur stood staring at me with a scared look on his face, though this time I didn't feel the least bit guilty. I turn back and start walking away, "Come on, it was a prank!"

"A prank?!" I snap back at him, he quickly shuts his mouth. "Boyfriends don't watch their girlfriends get beat up, they don't help beat up their girlfriend!" I could see tears lining his eyelids, if he'd blink they would fall. As for me, I was already crying. "I'm moving in with my mom"

"Wh- Bon, what about our forehead promise?" Wilbur grabs my wrist, I yank my hand away.

"Forehead promise, we never promised with our hearts" I walk to my front door, Val opens the door.

"What did that bitch do?" She glares at Wilbur.

"Bonnie please-"

"First you gang up on me, then you kiss some other girl. How long were you doing this behind my back?!"

"N-not long...but Bon-"

"No Wilbur" Val moves out of the way for me to step inside, I turn back to Wilbur.

"..Bonnie..." Tears roll down both our cheeks. Val steps in front of me, I place my hand on the door. I peak past Val and see Wilbur with the same hurt look as me.

"You're just a LIAR"

END OF ACT 1

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°