chapter eleven

No one's pov
December 20th 2013
The beach

Bonnie and Wilbur smile at the ocean while their hands warm each others from the cold weather, their faces warm from the person next to them. "You know this is a pretty romantic place to have your first kiss" Bonnie looks up at Wilbur, he looks back down at her.

"Yeah, but you kinda stole my first kiss" she rolls her eyes, sitting down. Wilbur copying her because he didn't wanna let go of her hand, "but your right, it is romantic" they sit in silence again. "Oh- and what happened to that girl you had a crush on?" She turns back to him, he shrugs.

"Panadol? She's not really...important anymore, you know? I'm over her" He chuckles and plays with a curl by wrapping it around his finger.

"Anyways, I'm over the kiss thing"

"Sorry though, I was panicking" Wilbur chuckles and places his free hand on the back of his neck, looking away from the smaller girl. "I mean, this place doesn't have to be romantic...it can also be a beautiful place to talk about problems, that kinda seems to be the topic today" Wilbur looks back at Bonnie, she nods.

"So, what do you wanna know?" She looks back at him.

"Well, why do you wanna be an author when you grow up?" He smiles at her, she rolls her eyes.

"That isn't even a hard question to answer, I like writing. Why do you wanna be a musician?" It was his turn to roll his eyes.

"Because I like music, duh" she playfully nudges his shoulder as the two giggle, they sit in silence as the sky turns orange and purple. "What do you wanna do with your life?...what if everyone you love leaves?" Bonnie's eyes widen, it was a question she always asked herself. She unlink her hands from his and stands up, dusting the sand off her pants. Wilbur stands up, copying her.

"Well, I always thought I wouldn't really need anyone-"  she looks down at the sand, "-but after I met you it feels like I need to rethink that" she smiles at Wilbur, he smiles back. "After i make all my money from being an amazing author I'll buy a house in the mountains!" She lifts her hands into the air to show Wilbur how big the house would be.

"Well...don't you wanna do something fun in your life?"

She nods, "sometimes I think about that, like getting arrested in a car chase" she does a spin, a little bit of sand getting in her shoes. "What about you?"

"Hmm...never thought about that, but I have thought about ruining our friendship" Bonnie looks at him confused, Wilbur takes out his phone, typing a few things in before music starts to play. He sticks his phone into the sand, smiling at the American girl in front of him. "May I have this dance?" He holds out his hand.

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you

And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow

She smiles, "Wilbur I can't dance" He drops his hand and puts his hands on her waist, bringing her forward and placing her feet on top of his.

"Then I'll teach you" grabbing her hand, both their rings clicking together, Wilbur lifts one foot, her weight pushing it back down. They sway around the beach.

So then I took my turn
Oh, what a thing to have done
And it was all yellow

"This is so dumb" she giggles as she places a hand on Wilbur's shoulder, he stares into her eyes and shakes his head.

"This is so perfect"

You know I love you so

"You know..." He turns to the setting sun and then back to Bonnie, smiling when he sees she's staring right back, "..you look beautiful in this lighting...perfect in any lighting to be honest..." the sun made her blush barely visible, "even better when you flustered"

"What are you trying to say?" His grip on her hand tightens as he tries to say the words he wants to tell her.

They both stare into each others eyes as the song comes to an end.

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And all the things that you do

"I'm trying to say is your lips would look perfect on mine"

Her eyes widen, her face turns pink as Wilbur waits for her reaction. "Uh..I- heh, um-" Wilbur thought he took the hint and lightly pushed her off his feet, running his hands down his face in embarrassment.

"I-I just mean...ugh!" He struggled to find the words, "I just wanna kiss your fucking face!" Bonnie smiles as she watches Wilbur get flustered as he tries to explain that he likes her more than friends, she takes a step forward, Wilbur stops and stares at her.

She places a hand on the side of his face, her ring making him shiver. She goes to lean forward to give him a quick kiss but Wilbur grabs her face and pulls her forward. Their lips connecting just as the sun hides behind the ocean, white flurries lightly falling from the sky.

They pull apart, silence over taking the two. "...our first...real kiss?..." Wilbur slightly shrugs, a crooked smile resting on his lips. Bonnie laughs and puts a hand on his chest, Wilbur gasps. "It's snowing!"

They both look up and smile, "best Christmas ever" Wilbur looks as her confused.

"It's not Christmas?"

"Our Christmas" she shivers before wrapping her arms around the taller boy, he unhooks her arms and quickly takes his sweater off.

"Your cold" He had a white t-shirt on underneath, he visibly shivers right after taking the sweater off. He fixes his beanie before shoving the sweater forward. "Wear it"

"Wilbur, I have my own clothes" she shoves the sweater back to him, he grabs the bottom of his sweater with both his hands. Sliding it over the top of her head, "stop!" Bonnie tries to rip it off as he forces it on her. He grabs her arm and pulls it through the arm, her head popping out the top. "Is that...Val?" They both look at the street, seeing a dirty car pull up.

"Quick question, will you be my girlfriend?" Wilbur turns back to her Bonnie smiles and nods, he quickly kisses her before Val comes running out of the car.

"You two are in so much trouble!"

Wilbur grabs Bonnie's hand.

"Best Christmas ever"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Froggies corner

It's not the end yet!