chapter ten

Bonnie's pov
December 20th 2013
A waste of time

"Scoot closer" mom waves her hand to indicate Wilbur to move closer to me, which he couldn't even do anymore. At this point we were sharing the same breath, "I'll be right back" she leaves the room, Val sitting next to Wilbur.

"..how are you okay with this..?" I glance up at Wilbur, he looks down at me and smiles.

"..if I told you then you'd probably never talk to me again.." He looks forward again, I looked up at him still confused, "..I can feel your stare sunshine.." I feel my heart beat quicken, I look away from him. "..so thats what gets you flustered? Nicknames?.."

"Can you two please stop flirting next to me" Val groans, Wilbur straightens his posture and leans back into the couch.

"Okay! I'm ready" mom comes back and smiles at the three of us, "you all look perfect, ready?" We all nod. As she pulls out her camera I feel a arm snake around my waist, I glance back at Wilbur for a moment to see him smiling at the camera. I turn and smile as well, I knew my face was red.

She didn't tell him to do that, he did it by himself. She snaps the picture and I turn back to Wilbur, he had a childish smile. Did I love this smile? Yes.

But did I love him or Cole?

I couldn't love Cole, he's friends with Luis and looks like a big jerk, did I love Wilbur?

I feel him move his arm a bit, pulling me closer. He looks down at me and looks away embarrassed, I think I-

"This picture is gonna be perfect!" Mom grabs the photo from the bottom of the camera and waves it around.

"Bonnie, can I talk to you?" Val stares at me with an annoyed look on her face, "alone?" She glares at Wilbur, I felt him tense. I stand up, Wilbur's hand leaving my waist. She drags me into a room, closing the door behind us.

"What?"

"That kid is a fucking waste of time, I'm telling you. I regret telling mom that he was your boyfriend, I didn't expect her to make you invite him. He's gonna break your heart I just know it"

"...we're not dating..." I spoke at a whisper, she huffs.

"He's gonna hate to say it but I'm gonna be right" the door opens and we both turn to see Wilbur with a nervous smile.

"Uh- I was just looking for the bathroom..." Val shoves past him, I hear the front door open and slam shut. "I'm sorry..."

"It's not your fault Wil, come on I'll show you where the bathroom is" I grab his hand and lead him down the hall. He thanks me and walks into the bathroom, I sit back down on the couch.

Why does she hate him so much?

"Is Valeria alright?" Mom walks out from the kitchen, I nod.

"She just doesn't like Wilbur" I look down at my lap, mom sits next to me.

"She was like this with Eugene" I look at her confused, "I was gonna tell you today, just didn't think it'd be now"

"You got a new boyfriend and didn't tell me?"

"We've only been together for a year.."

"A year?!" Wilbur walks down the hall, looking down at his torso as he wipes his hands on his sweater. I stand up and grab Wilbur's hand, "we're leaving"

"Aw really?" I shoot Wilbur a glare and he quickly closes his mouth. "Alright...bye Ms. Lewis"

We leave, passing Val who was having a smoke break. "I can't believe them"

"Wanna talk about it?" I turn to him.

"No." He nods.

"Okay" I stop walking, "where are we going anyways? I've never been to Nottingham"

"Me neither" I look back at him and smile, "Wanna have a little adventure?" He smiles and nods.

|

"Awh but mum! I want it!" Me and Wilbur hold in our laughter as we watch the young blonde haired boy whine for the new L.O.Z game.

"Awh but mumm" Wilbur mimics him making us both start laughing, he looks back at us and we quickly stop. Wilbur grabbing my hand as we both run away, "You know..." we slow down and walk down the sidewalk, he turns to me and smiles. "This is nice" it was golden hour, gold streaks hit his face as he smiled at me.

I nod, "yeah"

"I didn't really need to use the bathroom you know, my parents we're fighting again" Wilbur sighs and looks down at his feet. "Have you ever sat on the stairs and listened to your parents argue about not wanting you?"

"...yeah, feels like a trip down memory lane.." I look down at my feet before I hear Wilbur sniffle, I look back at him and see him smiling. He wipes his bottom eyelid with his pointer finger, he chuckles.

"Wow, my eyes are pissing. Kinda weird if you asked me" I smile.

"I don't care if you cry you know" He stops walking and let's go of my hand.

"Oh thank god" He wraps his arms around me and cries into my shoulder, I wrap my arms around him almost instantly. "..they wanted me to come home but I didn't want to.."

"Well I would ask if you wanted to run away but I don't have any money" I could feel his smile on my neck.

"I work at a co-op you know, I can buy tickets back to london" we both pull away from eachother, his eyes were red and Puffy.

"I have a better idea"

|

"Can I open my eyes yet?" I struggle to walk forward as I stand behind Wilbur while guiding him down the sidewalk.

"And..." I place my hands on his sides and turn him. "Now!" He takes his hands off his eyes and gasps.

He turns back to me for a second before looking back at the sand in front of him, "...it's the ocean..."

"What'da think?" I grab my hands behind my back and smile at him, he turns around and hugs me.

"I never thought I'd see the ocean, but here we are..can we swim?" He looks down at me, I shake my head.

"One, it's winter, two swimming is prohibited." Wilbur chuckles and looks back at the water.

"You did your research?" I shake my head again.

"No, there's a sign" I point at the sign, he let's out a little 'oh' before we both start laughing. I grab his hands and lead him into the sand, we both smile hand in hand looking at the clean water in front of us.

"This...this is perfect"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°