chapter three

Bonnie's pov
July 20th 2021
My new...buddy

I still couldn't believe that I agreed to let William explain, I mean..could I even forgive him?

I check the time, 9:56. I just stepped into the park, I didn't like being late or early so I guess the time was alright. I continue walking until I see the tall(er) man, how did he get even taller?

"Bon Bon!" William turns and waves at me, immediately wincing and holding his head. He had a small package in his hand, if he was gonna try and win me over with gifts it wasn't gonna work.

"Are you okay" I look up at him, he has his eyes closed as he nods.

"Yeah..yeah, a bit hungover..your fine- I! I-I'm fine" William nervously chuckles, I lead him over to a bench to sit on.

"So..."

"Uh...so" I roll my eyes after he copies me.

"Are you not gonna explain the disaster of 2014?" His eyes widen and he nods.

"Right...right, so...um-" he scratches the back of his head, "Do I...like, get time to think?" I glare and him and he quickly looks down at his lap. "This is for you" William lightly places the package in my lap, I look down at the package before opening it.

"..why do you still have this?"

I take the broken reading glasses out of the box, the right lense had a small crack and the arms glued back on. "Well...I just thought you'd want it back..." He fiddles with his fingers, I place the glasses back in the box.

"Well I didn't want some broken piece of plastic" He sighs as I look back at him.

"Look, I'm really sorry...and I should've said this earlier but-" William lifts his head and stares into my eyes, he softly grabs my hands. "I love you"

"You're right, you should've said that earlier" I pull my hands back and place them on the sides of the box in my lap, William mumbles something but I couldn't hear it.

"Okay, I can explain the whole story" I nod, telling him to continue. "So it was sometime in January, I was heading to the bathroom but Luis and Panadol stopped me-"

"How are you and Panadol by the way?" I see his eyes sadden, he looks back at his lap.

"We were together for two years, though she stood me up on a date" I slowly nod, it made me the slightest bit happy that they didn't work. Not because I miss William, it's because he left me for her and she left him.

"..continue" I turn my head to him, he nods.

"They made this deal with me, I don't exactly remember what it was...all I know is that the payment was I'd be popular and Panadol said she had a crush on me for a while, attention is an addiction you know?" He quietly chuckles but stops when I don't join in.

"So you broke my heart because you wanted to be popular? And whats with the haircut, you promised you'd never cut it and here we are-" I stopped myself from going on whole rant, William smiles and nods because he knew I stopped myself.

"And I feel horrible about it, also Luis told me my hair looked like a mop with shit in it- but when I saw them shove you I felt terrible, I didn't know if I was gonna go through with it...when I saw you crying I knew I fucked up, I was just a stupid fucking kid that did stupid shit to be popular-" he turns and grabs my hands again, "but I swear, I've changed. I'm different, and I will never stop loving you for as long as you live...we can be happy again, we can love each other again...I'm so so sorry for what I did, I love you and I will wait until you forgive me" it sounded like he meant every word.

"William I-"

"Did you just call me William?" His face saddened, I nod. "Your my friend, call me Wilbur and I can you Bon Bon" He smiles, it was the childish smile I thought I could love and trust.

"But your not my friend" his smile turns into a frown, he sighs and drops my hands. "So call me Bonnie" He nods.

"Alright Bonnie"

"...but I forgive you.." William lifts his head, his eyes wide. "I never thought I'd say that" he giggles and wraps his arms around me.

"I missed you" I smile but quickly purse my lips.

"I wanna say I miss you but honesty means I shouldn't lie" his grip on me tightens. "But we aren't friends...were just buddies for now" I feel him nod on the side of my arm.

"I missed you so much Bonnie"

"Keep that to yourself William"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°