chapter five

Bonnie's pov
November 1st 2013
My American friend

"Why do you seem so excited today?" I slip into the car while Val eyes me, I shut the door and roll my eyes.

"I don't know what your talking about, just hurry up and drive" she scoff but starts to drive.

"Is it your boyfriend?" She laughs at her own sentence, I glare at her through the rear view mirror before looking out the window.

"For your information he has a crush on another girl and I hoped the best for him" I spit back, she gasps.

"Oh I'm so sorry- bitch you know that doesn't mean you don't like him" she rolls her eyes, I chew the inside of my cheek, as I was getting tired of this conversation.

"I only met him four days ago stop trying to pry" I lean on the window, the drive is quiet the rest of the way.

When we pull up to the school I see Wilbur leaning on the fence, he smiles when he sees the car, he was wearing the beanie I had given him. Wilbur pushes himself off the fence and walks over. "He looks strange"

"So do you but I don't say anything" I unbuckle as I hear a knock on the window, Wilbur was peaking inside the car with a big smile on his face. I open the car door and he backs up.

"Bon Bon!" I grab my backpack and close the car door, Val quickly drives away in fear of 'being caught with babies' me and Wilbur turn to the school, "I'm so excited for today! You have to meet my other friend!" I look at him confused.

He seemed way more desperate on Friday, or lonely. "To be honest I didn't think you had other friends" He puts a hand on his chest.

"Ouch Bon, that hurt" He pouts, his lower lip being pushed out when he moves his jaw. "Anyways come on" He grabs my hand, the ring on his finger leaving a cold spot on my hand until my body heat warms my hand again. Wilbur tugs me away, "he's in our first class, he's usually early- quite a nerd" he looks down and smiles at me, not knowing what to do I smile back. We walk into the classroom, "Ben!"

"Yeah? Oh..." Ben looks behind Wilbur at me, his gaze slowly shifting down to our linked hands. I noticed immediately and so did Wilbur, but he didn't seem to care.

"This is Bonnie!" Wilbur swings our hands back and fourth, I mumble a hello to Ben.

"And you two are...." Wilbur looks down at our hands for a moment and then repeatedly shakes his head.

"No, remember? I have that script ready for today" Wilbur has a big proud smile slapped on his face, I look up at him.

"Will you need to act it all out?" Wilbur's eyes widen as he looks down at me, of course he didn't think that far.

"I...I was kinda just gonna ask her to lunch" Wilbur places his free hand on the back of his neck, I had learnt that it was a common thing he did. The bell rings, announcing class would start in five minutes and kids would start piling into the class. "Talk to you soon Bon Bon" Wilbur let's go of my hand and wraps his arms around me, resting the side of his head on mine. He was a very touchy person, I was also but only with the right people.

He let's go when the teacher walks into the room, "You two are early, Ben it's not a surprise your here" Ms. brown chuckles as she walks to her desk.

"Me and Bonnie are friends now!" Wilbur once again has a proud smile on his face, I don't know why he found it such an achievement when he mentioned me being his friend- but it was nice.

Me and Wilbur take our seats, everyone had a table partner. Mine being Luis and Wilbur's being a girl I didn't know the name of, all that separated me and Wilbur was the gap between our desks so people could walk to the back.

Wilbur passes me a note as a few people file into the classroom.

Get your lunch and then meet me at the library :)
- wilbur

I look up from the note and see he was watching me with a smile on his face the whole time, instead of crushing the paper like last time I flip it around and write back.

Got it
- Bon

I pass it to him and he frowns, I was confused until he looked up from the note. "...where's the heart?.." Wilbur looks back down at the note, "..next time add a heart okay?" He always had a smile stained on his face even when there was nothing to smile at, I nod and he gives me a little thumbs up before carefully putting the paper in his pocket.

Something drew me towards him. I don't know what, but it made me happy for some weird reason.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°