chapter four

Bonnie's pov
October 30th 2013
Tree boy

Val dropped me off outside our flat telling me the door was unlocked and then drove off, I try the door handle and sigh a breath of relief when the door opens.

I walk to my room and set my bag down against the wall, I change out of my school uniform and find my favorite sweater. It was a kangaroo with boxing gloves, it used to be my brother's before he- "Your finally back"

I look up from my box of clothes and see my dad leaning on the door frame, "uh- yeah, school" I shrug and look back inside the box, pulling out a maroon beanie.  He pushes himself off the door frame as I shove the beanie onto my head, he closes the door behind him. I just watch as he grabs my collar.

|

I run down the pavement, also running short on breath. I stop when I see a park in front of me, it looked peaceful and barely anyone was there.

I walk around and see a small pond with ducks, they were one of my favorite animals so I smiled and sat down. One of the ducks peck at the other making me laugh, they start fighting.

"Your laugh is very pretty" I look around but don't see anyone, "up here!" I look up and see William in a tree, I glare at him and look back at the ducks. "Hey American! Look at me" I glance over at him and see him hanging upside down with his legs hung on a branch, "is my face red?" William puts his hands on his cheeks and smiles, I couldn't help it- I smiled. "Your smile is very pretty too"

"...I..." I quickly shut my mouth and look away, I hear his feet hit the ground, then a few footsteps before he's sat right next to me.

"I bet your voice is pretty too" he looks down at me, "everyone's talking about how Mrs. Palli made you speak in front of the class, I had to piss so I didn't hear" I turn to him and give him a look that says 'to much information' he giggles and grabs his collar, pulling it up to cover his smile. "So, can I hear your voice?" We both look at each other, he drops his shirt collar. "Say, "wow Wil, your so cool" okay?" He makes his voice higher to sound like a girl, I giggle and he smiles like it was an achievement.

he didn't seem as rude as he did in class, "wow Wil, your so cool" he laughs, my smile fades thinking he was laughing at me.

"No, no. I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you" He puts a hand on mine, I look down at his hand before looking back at him. "It just sounds funnier when you say it" we both turn to the ducks that are no longer fighting, "I was right-" I turn back to him. "Your voice was really pretty"

"..thanks.."

"Tell me the truth, is America cool?" He takes his hand off mine and forms his hands into fists, he brings them up to his chest as if he was about to fight someone. "Where are you from? I love geography! I think america is so cool and-"

"Calm down.." he stops speak and places his hands in his lap, it looked like he was waiting for me to speak so I did. "..I used to live in San Diego, La Jolla to be exact.." his face lights up.

"That's so cool! I wish I could live there, it's so pretty! What does the ocean look like?!" He looked like a curious little boy, I start fiddling with my fingers. This was the most I've spoken ever since I've moved, "...oh!.." he turns his whole body to me, resting his hands in his lap. "Take your time!"

I smile and turn my body to him, both our knees almost touching. "Have you never seen the ocean before?" He quickly shakes his head, "it was pretty like the sky, a very wonderful blue. Nothing like that" I point at the murky pond water, William smiles.