ten

ten || the truth

୨♡୧

"Remember Taehyun, you need to find Yumi and apologize for what you did." Huening Kai reminded the male for the 1000th time now. Taehyun sighed tiredly and nodded, it was like Huening Kai was a living repeating record, saying the same thing over and over again.

"I know! I'll apologize, I just need to find her okay?" Taehyun said and stopped his movements, turning his body to look up at his friend who stared down at him with doubt in his eyes. Taehyun just scoffed and walked off once again, all morning the male wouldn't shut up about him apologizing. Now on their way to lunch it was like another round of Kai reminding Taehyun to fix his mistake.

"Well lucky you, she's right there." Huening Kai said and grabbed Taehyun by the shoulders making the male turn around. The ombré head's eyes immediately landed on the familiar brunette, she looked more neat and clean than yesterday. She had that bright smile up and going as she talked to one of her friends who he recognized as one of the well-known chemistry students in the university.

"Go on go on, go apologies, and maybe I won't murder you after school!" Kai said and pushed the male before running off after noticing Soobin waiting at their table for the two.

Taehyun groaned loudly and dragged himself towards Yumi, it's not like he didn't want to apologize. He did want to say sorry and tell Yumi that whatever happened yesterday was entirely his fault. But now he just felt annoyed doing this after being reminded almost 50 times now, but he couldn't let his anger get the best of him.

Approaching the two girls he awkwardly stood there for a few seconds before clearing his throat to get their attention. Both girls turned their heads and looked over at Taehyun with curiosity expressed on their faces since he had interrupted their conversation together.

"Yumi-ssi, may I talk to you privately?" Taehyun spoke up after staring at the two for a few seconds. Yumi smiled awkwardly and nodded, turning to her friend she told her she would meet up with them later after the talk was over. "What do you need?" She spoke up after her friend left, the once toxic angry tone being replaced with her usual friendly soft one.

"I-" Taehyun started, mentally cursing at himself for going blank. "I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for yesterday, I shouldn't have done that to do but instead I ignored your feelings and just made you do something you completely didn't want to do! I shouldn't have tricked you into drinking a love potion, i'm sorry."

Yumi stood there silently as if she was trying to comprehend everything the male had just said which made Taehyun a little bit nervous, was he about to be yelled at? or slapped? He did deserve it if he were to be slapped.

"Uhm..." Yumi spoke up, an awkward small giggle leaving her lips as she scratched the back of her neck. "I...Appreciate the apology.." She said slowly which made Taehyun sigh in relief, happy that she wasn't that angry with him.

"But...Can I ask something?" She said and looked up at the male with a sweet smile. Taehyun nodded his head and waited for her to ask the question.

"Uhm, who are you again?"

what...?

Taehyun's eyes shot up widely after what she had just said, his mouth dropped open trying to comprehend what she had just said and if he was hearing things. "...what?" He managed to croak out after the shock in his body slowly died down.