sixteen

sixteen || first date

୨♡୧

"Neon green? Maybe orange?- no...That won't look right." Taehyun mumbled throwing out different colors of dress shirts onto his bed as he tried to choose the perfect outfit for his and Yeojin's date. Taking a few minutes he finally chooses a dress shirt that was black and matched it with black jeans which fit his body nicely, taking a moment to style his hair he sprayed the cologne Beomgyu had gotten him for a gift and quickly walked out of his room.

He was so excited that Yeojin had asked him out on a date, it felt like he was on cloud 9. It didn't feel real, it was like he was experiencing a dream where his long-awaited crush had finally asked him out and now they were going to get married and live a happy life! He felt like he was floating in happy toxins with every step he took.

"Taehyun!"

Taehyun quickly stopped walking and looked over at the couch and saw Beomgyu quickly standing up and walking toward him. He saw how the elder slowly looked up and down his body, seeing that blush form on the elder's face. "Wher- I'm sorry you just look so great..and handsome."

"Thanks, hyung," Taehyun said and turned around to go get his shoes, he couldn't be late for his date with Yeojin — he wouldn't allow that! He wanted this date to go perfect and he just couldn't stop his heart from racing- it almost felt like it was going to explode from his chest.

"Where are you going?" Beomgyu asked curiously making Taehyun look up at him as he struggled to put his shoe on. "On a date," Taehyun said which made Beomgyu's eyes widen from the sudden direct answer.

"W-What?" Beomgyu said as his voice was shaky. Taehyun sighed and stood up after successfully putting his shoes on correctly, he looked at the elder and gave him a reassuring smile. "Hyung I'm going on a date with Yeojin, you know, the girl I have a crush on?"

Taehyun saw Beomgyu's expression change from an unrecognizable one. He shrugged it off and quickly went to the door after checking his phone for the time, he had fifteen minutes before Yeojin would arrive at the place they would meet at. Quickly opening the door he looked back at Beomgyu who stood there silently with blank eyes. "Bye hyung! Take care!" He said and slammed the door shut taking off.

Beomgyu stood there silently and grabbed something from his pockets, looking down at the tickets to the carnival he squeezed it slightly wrinkling the papers. He couldn't help but feel so angry and disappointed after hearing what Taehyun said. Dropping the tickets to the ground he walked over to his room and pulled his phone out dialing Yeonjun who answered the call instantly.

"Jun hyung, reschedule my meeting with my father. Thirty minutes from now."

୨♡୧

"Taehyun!"

The male's eyes quickly looked up from the table as they landed on Yeojin quickly walking towards him. She had her hair styled up nicely as she wore a pretty beige ruffle shirt paired with a dark blue skirt and some boots.

The male's heart increased rapidly as Yeojin sat in the chair across from him, he nervously licked his dry lips as Yeojin looked at him with a warming smile. "Hey! I'm sorry I was a bit late, especially since I'm the one who asked you to go on this date first." She said tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear, an action that made Taehyun's heart thump.