thirty-eight

thirty-eight || truth be told, trust be lost

୨♡୧

"You're doing your anxious thing again." Huening Kai spoke up nonchalantly, not even looking up from his book as Taehyun paved back and forth around his room once more. "What are you so anxious about? You've been acting like this for nearly two weeks now."

"I'm not anxious!" Taehyun snapped startling the both of them, with widened eyes he took a deep breath and walked over to the bed, sitting down next to his best friend. "I'm just...Thinking."

"Anxiously thinking."

Taehyun glared at the male, slapping his leg he huffed out loudly and fell back onto the bed letting his body hit the cozy sheets. "Do you ever wonder what would happen if I told Beomgyu the truth?"

"This again?" Huening Kai asked, finally glancing up from his book. He closed it and tossed it somewhere to the side and sat up straight, staring down at his best friend who was staring off into space. "I thought you said you would never tell him the truth?"

"Yeah I know but...It's been more than what...Nearly a month? Since I've reconnected with hyung so..." Taehyun trailed off, with a heavy sigh he sat up and shook his head shaking off the thought.

Ever since his conversation with Yeonjun about Beomgyu's memories and the truth behind their past, he hasn't stopped thinking about it ever since it's been two weeks and it was stuck to him like glitter on some wet body. What would happen if he told Beomgyu about everything, their past, the spell book, the memories, the love spell? He knew it was all too much to drop onto someone but it felt like there was a ticking time game in him, even though he seemed happy spending time with Beomgyu it was like all the patience in him ticked away one by one, and the desire to just have Beomgyu remember everything grew more and more.

"Am I rushing things...? I mean come on Hyuka I just started reconnecting with him an entire month ago and now I want to tell him the truth!" Taehyun groaned trying to think of something.

"This is your own decision, Tyun," Huening Kai said and scooted closer to the male until they were both laying down on the bed side by side staring up at the ceiling. "If you want to tell Beomgyu hyung the truth then go ahead but remember...We don't know how he'll react and I don't want you to hurt as well."

Taehyun stayed silent, pondering his thoughts for a while before sitting up. His best friend was right, there was no exact sign of how the confession would go...But he still had a feeling, a pinch, that it was the right thing to do.

"I've lied to him enough...Throughout the spell all he's ever done was make me happy, I hurt him. Things are happy right now it feels like such a fever dream but...Would it be better if I told him the truth? It would be healthy, no more hiding things. I would tell him everything from six months ago and- and the spell book!" Taehyun said as if he was already forming a plan in his head on what to say to the elder.

Huening Kai frowned and sat up as well, more like stood up from the bed and looked down at Taehyun. "He would think you're insane...Just because he's treating you well doesn't mean he's the same old Beomgyu. The bond between you is still building up." He said making Taehyun frown slightly.

A small sigh left Huening Kai's lips as he shook his head considering it for a moment. "Do whatever you want, it's your choice and I'll be here for you if anything goes wrong alright?" He said and walked over giving him a reassuring hug that was happily received back.