twenty-eight

twenty-eight || hidden secrets told

୨♡୧

"You need to stop avoiding me, I've been trying to talk to you guys for the past god knows how long but you never talk!" Taehyun spoke into the phone quite aggressively, he leaned down onto his desk and held his forehead already feeling that upcoming headache rise in him.

"I'm sorry, I've been busy," Yuri said, her tone was genuine yet Taehyun could hear the doubtful lie in her voice as if it was venom.

"It's not you! It's the both of you, busy or not. Why is it whenever I try to contact you both none of you won't talk to me? It's not fair how you two can come to tell me what to do but the moment I try to ask something from you both I automatically shut down!" Taehyun ran slamming his fist down onto the desk, rattling the things on it, and startling himself.

"Taehyun-ah, it's not like that! You know we care—"

"If you cared about me, noona, then you would talk to me later. I'll be visiting and grandma better be there, I'm tired of waiting."  Taehyun muttered, not having Yuri have the last word he immediately hit the end call button on his phone before slumping into his chair. Tossing his phone away from him he rubbed his face, burying it into his hands.

He felt so annoyed and frustrated, for the past few hours he had called his grandmother and sister countless times and every single call went straight to voicemail. By the time he had finally gotten an answer from his sister it was like she was avoiding every single thing he was trying to ask, especially ones about the love spell, he was so sick of being hidden in the dark!

He knew what he's done was selfish, greedy, and horrible but it just hurt him so much that during the time he needed help for something his relatives refused to come close and guide him through his struggles. He felt alone, perhaps this was his punishment for everything, but it hurt. It was selfish of them.

"God..." He mumbled out squeezing his eyes shut, the memory of Beomgyu's eyes flickering colors replayed like a broken DVD over and over again. It was so painful, his heart was tainted with despair, that stinging blooming pain repeated over and over again to the point he wanted to just rip his heart out and leave.

It hurt, it was so painful. Reminded every day that he was going to lose Beomgyu no matter what he did.

Before he could think of any more negative things he heard the sound of a small clink beside him making him slowly look up, feeling confused after seeing a plate full of strawberries he felt a pair of arms wrap around his neck which automatically made him tense up from the sudden touch.

"I heard you yelling outside, are you okay?"

Taehyun's body slowly eased down after realizing it was just Beomgyu who had entered his room. Slowly bringing his shaky hand up he placed it down on Beomgyu's forearms feeling his worries wash away.

"I'm fine hyung, I'm just...It's just noona and my grandma." Taehyun sighed looking up at the redhead who was already looking down at him with the sweetest gaze.

"It's okay darling! Family members always find a way to infuriate us the most!" Beomgyu said in a cheery tone ruffling the ombré head's hair, snaking his arms away from Taehyun he grabbed the chair and turned it around so the younger was now facing him.

"I heard that you're going over to your sister's house later, how about I cook dinner for tonight once you come back?" Beomgyu suggested kneeling in front of the male so they were at eye level with each other, gently caressing Taehyun's cheek to bring comfort.

Taehyun felt his heart pace up in an instant, the heart-fluttering feeling of Beomgyu's touch made him go into a daze. He couldn't let that distract him though, he had one plan today and it was to find out the truth behind the love spell even if it meant it would hurt the both of them.