twenty-five

twenty-five || a halfhearted promise

୨♡୧

"I can't believe today is the last day here! Time goes by too fast, I want to stay here forever." Beomgyu sighed heavily and hung his legs over the couch as they were all watching a movie, more specifically, Lilo & Stitch.

"I don't, we have work to do," Yeonjun said while swiping through a document on his working iPad. Taehyun shook his head and looked away, the elder was always a slight workaholic. Hearing a loud snort come from the side he looked up at Beomgyu who had a cheeky smile.

"I don't miss work at all, it's so boring. I wish we could stay like this forever." Beomgyu replied pulling Taehyun closer to his side when the two made eye contact. The ombré head couldn't help but just roll his eyes when the two began to bicker once again, it was like they could never have a moment of peace together.

All of them had woken up somewhat late since they slept late, it was nearly one in the afternoon and there were barely any conversations besides all of the boys agreeing to watch a movie with each other.

Taehyun found it strange though, he had noticed that Huening Kai and Soobin have been strangely quiet ever since they had woken up. Perhaps it's just the exhaustion that took over them but usually, Huening Kai was a morning bird, the male would be the loudest one during school hours and even in the dull dreadful mornings he would waltz into the building illuminating just pure sunshine and happiness energy, so seeing this odd quiet behavior made Taehyun a bit concerned.

He saw Huening Kai look over towards him, the two making eye contact before it quickly broke as the male looked away in an instant, as if Taehyun's gaze could kill him and that made the ombré head more confused.

He's hiding something, what is he hiding...I can see his hands are shaking and he's also on the verge of tears...or maybe that's just his face. Taehyun thought, suspiciously squinting his eyes toward Huening Kai who was VERY obviously avoiding eye contact.

"I think we should start packing our stuff in the car around five, it's best to leave early today so we can beat traffic." He suddenly heard Beomgyu say making his attention leave Huening.

"Did you guys wish for anything last night? The shooting stars were so beautiful it felt so dreamy that we got to experience that first hand." Beomgyu sighed happily leaning his head onto Taehyun's who seemed to not mind at all.

"Isn't there a saying where if you expose your wishes they won't come true?" Soobin said which made Beomgyu's face turn into a considerate one. A hum of agreement left the elder's lips as he looked over at the blonde who had just got done wiping his glasses clean.

"You may be right, but darling!" Beomgyu said making Taehyun look away from the TV over back to the elder who seemed to be beaming with delight. "Did you wish for anything? Oh, please tell me you wished for us to get married because I can guarantee I'll make it happen right now!"

"What?!" Taehyun snorted and removed Beomgyu's hand that was on his waist, scooting away from the elder who started to sulk like a child. "I wouldn't wish that hyung, you know I can't marry you," Taehyun said and flicked Beomgyu's forehead gently. why did that feel weird saying?

"I know," He heard Beomgyu say, yet he heard the faint tone of sadness in his voice. Taehyun's stomach twisted after hearing that tone, he started to feel guilty after what he said. "I'm sorry hyung." He apologized softly and scooted back closer to him, leaning his head against the elder's chest who gladly pulled him close.