forty-three

forty-three || a bitter reunion

୨♡୧

"You know, for someone who is really proud of finally getting his crush to become his boyfriend I thought you would boast around about it." Yeonjun said as he opened up the drivers side of the door, stepping back so Beomgyu could get out.

"You've been quiet about this for three days at work, but the moment you step into your apartment you're on Taehyun like a rabid dog." He snickered grabbing the males bag as he stepped out of the car, his laughter didn't last long after seeing the worried expression plastered all over Beomgyu's face. The males face was pale, it was clear he was anxious and shaken up about something.

"Hey what's wrong?" Yeonjun asked placing a hand on his shoulder, making the younger flinch. It was unusual for Beomgyu to act this way, the male would always be full of energy and bouncing off everywhere, his mouth never closing and his teasing was endless. Seeing this Beomgyu who looked so anxious and scared made him worry...A lot.

His question was only answered by silence, the males eyebrows furrowed trying to not make a big deal out of it as they stepped inside of the company, being greeted by workers who were passing by. It was so strange, Beomgyu wouldn't be this silent, especially after finally getting his dream boy, taking a minute to think of possible issues that led to the males silence his eyes widened from the only possible answer.

"Beomgyu...Don't tell me-"

"Don't, I don't know. If he's here." Beomgyu interrupted him, finally breaking his silence. The elders lips pursed into a thin tight line, finally listening to the male, even though they were best friends and could make fun of each other all of the time he knew when to not push his buttons when he was angry or nervous.

It didn't take long for the two to get to the elevator, there wasn't much people inside of it this time so it was an easy trip to go from the first floor all the way to where Beomgyu's office was. Yet that heavy silence filled with awkward and nervous tension was filled in the air between the two, if a normal employee passed by them they would probably assume one or the other forgot their daily cup of coffee and had a childish outbreak again.

Step by step, it was like the ground was crumbling beneath Beomgyu's feet, ready to pull him into a sea of disaster. He could feel a thin layer of cold sweat covering his forehead, the bubbling anxiety rising in his stomach as he approached the door to his office closer and closer. Everything felt numb and empty, he wanted to get out of there fast, but he knew there was no avoiding this.

"Beomgyu if you need to leave we can leave right now." Yeonjun said, pulling him out of his thoughts as he felt his hand on his shoulder.

The brunette sighed shaking his head, he gently touched the chain of the necklace that was hidden under his shirt. "This is for Taehyun, how could I call him mine when i'm disgustingly engaged to someone else?" He muttered in a bitter tone that threw Yeonjun off guard. 

Taking a second to prepare himself mentally he twisted the door knob and opened it widely, instantly making eye contact with a figure in the room who were clearly waiting for him.

"Beomgyu."

The brunette's eyes hardened slightly hearing that voice again, taking a deep sigh he tilted his head clearly annoyed from the presence of the man in front of him who clearly didn't seem happy.