twenty-seven

twenty-seven || warning signs

୨♡୧

Accepting the fact that he had fallen in love with Beomgyu felt like an absolute dream to Taehyun.

He did not want to believe it, perhaps staying in denial for a short period would help him move on and forget all the feelings he had towards the elder would help. Perhaps just repeating to himself over and over early in the morning that he didn't love Beomgyu, that his mind was playing petty tricks on him, and that he was just foolish.

None of it worked though. No matter how many times he could tell himself over and over that he wasn't in love, his heart just couldn't accept it.

Why did the feeling of being in love hurt so much?

Taehyun sighed loudly and walked away from the window he was blankly staring at, he felt so conflicted. In his heart, he just wanted to rip out any romance he felt towards the elder but at the same time, he wanted to release those bottled-up emotions. He wanted to do something, almost anything, but he knew if he even tried going for what he wanted...Things would be useless.

His heart desired Beomgyu, how the redhead did so many things to his senses it made him dazed, but at the same time, his heart desired Yeojin. A seesaw game, it felt like a seesaw game. His heart was trying to balance out who he loved more as the sides tilted back and forth, fighting for balance to make him happy. Yet he couldn't feel happy, not after how much pain he felt whenever he would think of letting one of the two go.

Taking heavy footsteps towards the couch he sank onto the cushion and just spaced out, ever since he had woken up in an empty bed this morning things have been strange. Maybe it was because the moment he had fallen asleep in the elder's arms after dinner it was the moment he felt all his worries wash away, it was the moment he felt at peace. Now that Beomgyu was out somewhere he just felt dull, his thoughts eating him up like he was a five-star dish.

The main question that flowed through his clouded thoughts so easily was how?

How could he fall in love with Choi Beomgyu?

He had told himself he would never fall for the elder, that he would stay loyal to Yeojin. It's so complicated, loving two people at the same time yet actually deciding on who you truly want was hard. Experiencing this type of situation was so hard for him, he would think about Yeojin but then his thoughts faded to Beomgyu like a back-and-forth tug-of-war game. It was stressful.

He knew falling in love was useless, confessing his love was even more worthless. After all, it was just a love spell that made Beomgyu feel love toward Taehyun. There were no real strings or love connection between them, it was all just a spell. That reality dawned upon Taehyun like a heavy anvil that was slowly falling on him, crushing his heart little by little.

He did this to himself though, he knew the moment he started opening up and accepting things his heart wouldn't handle it, but it was so confusing. He knew he loved Yeojin, ever since his high school life, he knew it was Yeojin he wanted but now his mind was just echoing Beomgyu's name every minute of the day as if the elder was a drug that he couldn't get rid of.

He just hoped, that even if it was possible. That Beomgyu would still stay with him after the spell ends, that the elder would understand where he was coming from when he had accidentally cast the spell on him. That Beomgyu would love him back even after the love spell ended.