forty-five

forty-five || believe in me, just this once

୨♡୧

Beomgyu tapped his pen against his desk anxiously, it was early morning, nearly 6 am when he arrived at the office. Usually he would come in during afternoon time, taking any chance he would get to come in as late as possible but this time it was for an important matter. When there weren't many employees in the buildings, trainees weren't arriving until afternoon, so it was the perfect time to talk to his father about everything he wanted to say.

This is for Taehyun, for taehyun. Beomgyu thought to himself repeatedly as the clock ticked by, the sound of it ticking back and forth kept distracting him in the silent room. He doesn't even know what was taking his father so long to arrive.

Beomgyu sighed and leaned back into his chair, closing his eyes he dived deep into his thoughts to just calm every nerve in his body down. His father wasn't like his mother at all, good lord, he shouldn't even compare the two...But he felt ignored sometimes. No matter how many times he tried talking to his father about Eunseo and how he would rather marry someone he truly loves he would be pushed aside and silenced by his fathers angry behavior.

The males eyes shot open hearing faint footsteps coming from the hallway, echoing out from how quiet it was. Sitting up in his chair he soothed out his outfit and fixed his hair up, standing up trying to look presentable.

Show no fear, look determined, be confident. This was his father, he had been gone for months on end overseas on business trips yet he handled the company well without him. Hell, the old man made him CEO the second he turned eighteen so there was no room for his father to doubt him. Yet he felt so suffocated, the way he would never listen to him made him just want to quit everything, how could he manage a company when he wasn't even allowed to make his own decisions sometimes?

Would his father even listen to him...?

Beomgyu shook those thoughts away, if we kept thinking negative thoughts then of course things wouldn't go the way he wanted them to, he needed to be confident in everything. A deep exhale left his lips as he glanced over at the door once he heard a loud click when the door knob twisted, the door opening widely showcasing his fathers figure in the doorway, his tired eyes never seem to fade.

"Good morning, father." Beomgyu greeted him, bowing slightly to show respect...More like convince him that everything will be okay.

"Why are you being so formal to me, Gyu? I'm your father, loosen up!" Doyun said, smiling widely. There was no doubt Beomgyu's handsome looks came from his father, when he would look for pictures of his father during his teenage years he always noticed the heavy similarities they had.

"I'm just tired, let's sit down." Beomgyu replied dryly, walking around his desk he walked over to the couches in the middle of the room and sat down on one of them as his father sat opposite him, giving him a sweet smile that just made Beomgyu want to puke.

"Father..." Beomgyu breathed out, sitting straight up on the couch. He felt like he was slowly sinking into a hole of fear and anxiety, it wasn't the first time he was to talk about Eunseo to him yet he felt so nervous. He was going to expose everything and twist his once fated life around into a new one, away from the forced marriage he desperately despised. "I want to talk—"

"What is this?" Doyun asked, noticing a picture frame that was facing down on the coffee table. Beomgyu's eyes widened realizing what it was and just before he could grab it and hide it away from his father in just a split second it was gone.

"Wait no!—"

Doyun's eyes widened seeing what it was, it was a picture of Taehyun and Beomgyu during their date at the rose garden, the two of them smiling widely at the camera as the younger had his arms wrapped around Beomgyu's shoulders and neck, very obviously blushing as well.