thirty-six

thirty-six || a sense of relief

୨♡୧

Anxious.

He felt so anxious.

Tapping his finger against the wood of the table he looked out of the window trying to calm himself with the scenery of the beautiful green trees swaying in the wind ever so slowly.

Today was it, he was going to break up with Yeojin.

He knew doing a breakup over text would be absolutely selfish and heartbreaking so he had decided to ask her to meet up with him and break the news to her, but he's been sitting here for nearly thirty minutes now and he felt so anxious that he could puke.

But this was a good idea! Breaking up with her would mean that he wouldn't continue to hurt her and it would mean that he could finally accept the fact that he had fallen in love with Beomgyu despite not seeing him for months, he couldn't love another person behind Yeojin's back.

The soft sound of a bell dinged throughout the café making his heart drop in an instant, everytime somebody new would walk in he felt that it was Yeojin all ready to be mad at him for this shit. Taking a deep breath he smelled the familiar scent of lavender invade his senses as he felt two arms wrap around him tightly.

"Taehyun! I missed you!" He heard that familiar cheerful voice say as her arms unwrapped from him and as a chair was suddenly taken in front of him once Yeojin sat down. "You worried me when you texted, you didn't seem happy. Everything is okay right?"

His heart began clenching heavily seeing how happy Yeojin looked now that they were together, she had always given her all in this relationship and right now he just felt so guilty and scared seeing her broken expression, but he knew this couldn't continue on.

"I'm okay don't worry," He replied dryly and just like that awkward air began forming around them. This was his first time ever breaking up with someone, it felt so horribly gross. He felt so tense and he was currently overthinking everything, what could he say to make it not seem like he was trying to be an asshole even though he was an asshole?

"Well, tell me about your week Taehyun! I haven't seen you outside of school lately I've missed you a lot!" Yeojin said as she extended her hand out and intertwined her fingers with Taehyun's giving him the sweetest smile ever but in an instant he pulled his hand away catching the both of them off guard.

"Taehyun what's wrong?" She asked him as her smile faded into a concerned frown, but the male was already gone, that bubbling fear of guilt and hesitation boiled inside of him as fear ran through his veins. He knew what he wanted to do but he doesn't know exactly what to say.

"Yeojin-ah..." Taehyun breathed out, closing his eyes he mentally went through what he wanted to say, it was now or never...He had to end things with his used to be childhood crush. "I need to talk to you about something."

The worried expression on Yeojin's face turned into a slight nervous one, this was the first time they had ever talked about something serious. If Taehyun was even honest to himself it didn't even feel like a six month relationship to him, it felt like a new sudden relationship that is still trying to get past the awkward wall, he had never really talked to Yeojin about his own feelings and it was always her making the first moves or first dates. He really was an asshole now that he realized it.