fifty

fifty || the end of sacred magic

୨♡୧

"Who knew we'd be cleaning out your grandmothers old attic again Taehyun!" Huening Kai exclaimed loudly, lifting up boxes and stacking them on each other as Taehyun walked around the very dusty attic, slightly annoyed. "Who knew this whole time while she lived at Yuri's, she didn't even sell her house at all!"

"She's an idiot for doing that," Taehyun replied, crouching down as he picked up some really...dusty old things on the floor. "I don't know how she didn't get caught or what her bills look like."

Taehyun sighed and closed up the box, looking around the room he slowly felt a sense of deja vu rush through him as he and Huening Kai were packing up the last remaining things inside of the attic. Just a few hours ago his grandmother contacted both him and Huening Kai to help her clean out her attic for good, he was shocked to hear that she didn't even sell the house and that after long months the things that were still in the attic were not touched at all...He swears some things appeared out of no where though.

"I thought we cleaned this whole place out back in November?" Huening Kai huffed, lifting up his sleeves as he wiped his forehead from how humid it was in the attic.

"I guess after we found the spell book we got too excited and forgot about this place, my grandmother didn't even remember she had this house still until her landlord called her asking why she was behind on bills." Taehyun said, shaking his head when his grandmother told him all of that silly stuff.

"Ahh! The spell book, doesn't it feel...Weird? Being in the same room where you had found the book that changed your entire life just 8 months ago!" Huening Kai said, appearing behind Taehyun out of no where as he shook the males shoulders excitedly.

The ravenette scoffed teasingly and swatted the males hands away from him. It did feel weird, being in the same room where he had found the book that changed the course of his life forever, it was such a distant fond memory it made his heart ache.

"Eight months ago, I was obsessed with making Yeojin mine, doing whatever it would take to just have her in my arms," Taehyun said, walking away from Huening Kai as he approached the spot where two of them found the book, finding it all dusty and bare. "Now fast forward those eight months, I'm now dating someone who isn't Yeojin, that someone who I consider my soulmate and my life." He said smiling, touching the necklace that hung on his neck.

"If you were still the same old selfish you eight months ago, I'm sure you'd be furious that you didn't get to marry Yeojin!" Huening Kai teased, walking away from Taehyun to go put more stuff in the boxes.

"I'm glad I moved on from Yeojin, she was beautiful indeed...But I can't imagine myself having a future with her." Taehyun said, his tone wavering as his face scrunched up slightly, as if he were remembering all of the wrongs he did, feeling very disappointed in himself.

Huening Kai took notice of the males sudden mood change, with a wide smile he dropped the box he was carrying, not caring about the faint shatter noise that happened as he approached the male. "Taehyun, you were selfish, you used the spell book for your own greed because nobody told you about the consequences you'd face. Even though you were selfish, you grew. You finally stopped using it for greed, you stopped using it on others for selfish purposes, and now that you finally understand the consequences, you found happiness."