thirty-seven

thirty-seven || happiness is you, not me

୨♡୧

"You want to go strawberry picking...?" Taehyun asked Beomgyu in shock, placing down the macaron cookie the elder had gifted him.

"I don't see anything wrong with it, do you not like strawberries?" Beomgyu questioned him, slightly tilting his head. Taehyun immediately shook his head no before gulping down a heavy chunk of saliva he bit his lip.

"No, I love strawberries but like won't that be weird...?"

"What will be weird?" Beomgyu asked him and leaned closer making the male internally panic. "Picking strawberries is weird, Taehyun?"

"No!" The younger immediately said becoming flustered from the sudden closeness. "It's just that...You're Magic Entertainments CEO...Wouldn't your reputation be...Rumors happen...?"

"I told you this already," Beomgyu said frowning at what Taehyun had just said. "I don't care about my reputation, I want to spend time with you." The elder whispered, bringing his hand up he tucked a few strands behind Taehyun's ear before standing up. "I'll be right back, I need to go get papers."

Taehyun weakly nodded, a giant lump in his throat forming as he forced the macaroon cookie down. Watching Beomgyu walk out of the room, the minute the door shut he exhaled a long deep breath, holding his hand over his chest he felt his heart racing so badly.

It had been two weeks since he had broken up with Yeojin and most of the time he would spend his time with Beomgyu, after school when he was finished with all of his work he would head over to the company and just head to the elder's office. With special permission to just walk in since he was a frequent visitor and Yeonjun's "cousin".

Every minute that he had spent with Beomgyu within the past two weeks just felt like pure euphoria to him, as if that spending time with Beomgyu made up lost time when they were away from each other.

Before he could think of anything else and go insane over the elder the sudden sound of the door bursting open made him flinch and instantly look at who walked in. Watching the familiar blonde walk in with a very snarky expression he sat up properly and cleaned up his mess of crumbs.

"Yeonjun hyung what are you looking for, do you need help?" Taehyun asked, yet his words just flew over Yeonjun's head as the elder walked over to a shelf and aggressively looked around for something. "Are you looking for the documents? They're here."

"I don't need your help, Taehyun," Yeonjun spoke harshly and walked over to him, glancing down at the table it was almost like he had grimaced at the sight of the macaron cookies.

The ravenette's mouth went agape, and before he could say anything the papers were snatched right off of the table creating a loud crinkling sound from the sudden aggression from Yeonjun. Taehyun never understood the elder, these past two weeks he had been more distant and quiet whenever he was around Beomgyu, it was so confusing. When he would ask questions he would be shut down or given a dry response as well.

"Hyung what is wrong with you?" Taehyun questioned, slightly offended by the sudden aggression. He hasn't done anything badly (he thinks) lately, maybe he should be used to the bitter attitude Yeonjun had but this attitude of his was worse than before. "You're acting like I killed your grandma's daughter's great cousin's sister."