Epilogue

"Avery you're going to be late if you don't hurry up!" Shawn called up to her while I helped the three other kids get ready for school.

There was Luke who was 13 the closest to Avery's age. Avery just turned 16 and is starting to become more like my younger self as we speak, I can already tell just by the people she hangs out with. Then there was Cory who was 8 and Stacy who is only 18 months. Avery stomped down the stairs wearing short booty shorts and an all white crop top. "I think you should go change before your dad sees you." I say and she rolls her eyes at me. "I'm fine." She says grabbing some lunch money out of my purse that was sitting on the couch. "Is ten fine?" She asked and I nodded. "What the fuc- fudge." Shawn says stopping himself from cursing. "What are you wearing?" He says referring to what Avery had on. "Clothes." She scuffs before walking towards the door. Shawn's been protective of her since day one and he still is, it's honestly so cute.

"Get upstairs and put some appropriate clothes on." Shawn says and Avery looks out the window. "Bye Josh is outside." She said ignoring Shawn's demand and grabbing her bag. "Who the hell is Josh?!" Shawn yells after her following her to the door. "Leave me the fuck alone already. Damn." She slams the door shut and runs out to Josh's car.

"Oooh Dad cursed." Cory said from the kitchen where Luke and Stacy was. "Cory." Shawn warned and Cory ran up to his room.

"I'll drop the kids off at school then I'll let you rant about your daughter." I laugh pecking his cheek before walking to Stacy's room to pack her bag for daycare. "Cory let's go!" I yell up the stairs Cory rushes down the stairs grabbing his bag and racing Luke to the car for the front seat.

Cory's sitting in the back anyways. I roll my eyes before heading over to Stacy and picking her up out of her high chair.

*

*

*

I got back to the house and Shawn pacing around the room. "What's wrong now?" I ask and he threw his phone in my direction purposely missing me. I picked it up and the screen was shattered.

Nice one Shawn. He just got this yesterday too.

It was set on his messages and I decided to look at who he was texting.

His Manager

Johnson

Gilinsky

and Avery...

"Do you want me to read you and Avery's messages?" I asked and he nodded.

Dad I'm not coming home tonight so don't wait up for me, Ik you're mad but don't worry about me. I'm safe with Josh, Ilysm.

"What has gotten into her? One day she's my little angel and the next she's out with her boyfriend probably fucking." Shawn says pulling on his hair. "Shawn I'm sure she's safe." I say reassuring him. "How can you say she's safe? She's with a guy that neither of us met, he can be a serial killer for all I know." He argues and I wrap my arms around his tall frame.

"If she comes back safe, we can yell at her then ground her then talk to her." I say looking up at him. "I don't want to yell at her or ground her." He sighs. "Yelling gets no where with teenagers, it just makes them more defiant. We were teenagers once." He says smiling down at me.

"Shawn I don't want her to be like the teenage me, I want to lead her in the opposite direction." I tell Shawn and he nods his head in agreement. "You can talk to her first, then I'll talk to her." He says and I agree.