Chapter 7: Blind Bandit

The rain poured down heavily over Kakariko Village, accompanied by thundering and rare shocks of lightning coming down from the dark clouds above. This storm would surely hit Central Hyrule by morning before I was to leave for my trip.

I made it to Lady Impa's house, and loudly knocked on the doors so I would be heard over the storm outside. Paya opened them and welcomed me in.

"Idalia! What are you doing here? I thought you were heading to the Oasis for a few weeks." She let me inside and closed the doors, giving me a moment to set down my bag and take off my coat. "Did your parents send you?"

"No, they're already on their trip to Akkala. My trip got delayed until morning because the engine is having some problems, I think." I hung my coat on a hook and left my things underneath it, only grabbing the note Azu had sent me from the side pocket. "I came because Azu sent me this. Where is he?"

"He's upstairs in his room studying, I believe. You may go find him and see what he needed." She told me, and I nodded and headed up the stairs. I knocked on Azu's door once I reached it, but I got no answer. So I knocked again. No answer.

"Azu?" I finally just pushed his door opened and looked around for him, unable to spot him anywhere. I let the door close behind me as I walked in further to see if he was anywhere, and I even looked under his bed and in his closet. "Azu! Where are you?" I walked to his window and looked out to see if he was outside for any reason, when suddenly the vent beneath me opened and I fell in.

A scream nearly left my mouth but then a hand was slapped over it and the vent was closed above me, and I started wiggling around for my freedom.

"Ida! Shush!" Azu whispered harshly, and I quickly turned around and pulled away from him, having to sit back on my knees so I wouldn't hit my head on the vent.

"Azu! For the love of Hylia, I thought I was being kidnapped! What are you doing in here?" I snapped, still trying to be quiet by his orders.

"Idalia, don't panic, but," I started panicking in my mind. "I may have accidentally overheard a secret meeting our parents were having and-"

"You were listening?! Azu! They're called secret meetings for a reason!" I pinched the bridge of my nose, realizing now why he was hiding under his room.

"I didn't mean to! I promise!" He pleaded, and I folded my arms and sighed. "But listen, I heard some things that I think are really important. You can thank me later for delaying your trip."

"Azu, I- wait, you're the one who busted up the ship's engine?!" I exclaimed, but he just grabbed my arm and dragged me through the narrow vent. "I swear, Azu, this better be important or you are going to regret this, I'll make sur-" We hit an edge and began sliding down a steep slope through the vent.

I squealed, looking up at the top as it felt like we were falling. It began to level out a bit before Azu stopped us at the end by slamming his feet into the wall, breaking us quickly. He pushed us back a bit and kicked down on another vent door, causing it to fall on the floor below. I gripped his arm, placing one hand on the metal beneath us.

"Calm down, you're fine." He fell through the hole and landed on the dirt path below, leading down another narrow but taller hallway. I got myself to the edge, looking down at him as he waited for me. "Come on, Ida, just jump." I gulped as I tried to gather the courage to do so, but eventually he just grabbed my ankle and pulled me down.

"AHH!" I fell right next to him, having no cushion as my back hit the ground. He reached down and helped me up, but as soon as my feet were holding me up, I pushed him away. Though, I fell right back into him to keep me stable. "What is wrong with you?!" I pushed away again, brushing the dirt off myself.