Chapter 31: Guardians of Hyrule

"Alright, this goes here... and that goes there..." Coryn, a young woman living in a small home just Northwest of the Great Plateau, hummed to herself as she reorganized the plates and bowls in her kitchen cabinets. "This may take all day, hmm... but it could take less if there's no interruptions!"

A knock at her door broke her train of thoughts, and she hurried through her kitchen to answer it. She quickly unlocked it before pulling open the hard wooden door, and she gasped at the sight of the king - her cousin - and three children.

"Hi." Link smiled nervously, the three teenagers beside him mimicking his expression. Coryn stood staring at them for a moment before motioning for them to come in.

~~~~

"Alright, I'm sure everyone's starving, so," Coryn placed plates down in front of her guests, and they all smiled and licked their lips as they saw the food. "Dinner is served!" She sat down next to Link, who was ready to eat his food but waited.

"Thank you for letting us stay here, Coryn," He said, and Coryn grinned and nodded. "We really appreciate it."

"Anything for my favorite cousin!" She exclaimed, and they both chuckled when they noticed the three teens already digging in.

"It's been a long week. Ganon attacked, as you know, and Zelda and I had to put up quite the fight. She's alright, but she bubbled herself to keep Elric at bay. Who if I haven't mentioned before, is an evil prophet guy trying to kill us all. He's the son of another evil prophet guy who apparently was the cause of the Great Calamity."

"I've heard legends of the prophets, but I didn't know if they were really a threat. I suppose most legends in Hyrule are real, huh?" She jabbed, and Link shrugged and took another bite of his salmon.

"After that, I went to the Great forest and found the kids there, then we had Azu complete the Divine Beast Trial to heal the Master Sword," Link grabbed the hilt of the sword on his back and pulled it from it's sheath halfway so Coryn could see. "And there, he also learned he wielded the power of the elemental scrolls."

They all looked to Azu, who was using his new fire power to further cook the salmon in front of him. He stopped as it suddenly got quiet, and figured after Link's statement, it was because of him.

"I like it burnt." He continued burning his salmon, and Idalia and Ellet both laughed as they watched him catch his finger on fire, having to dip it in his water glass.

"And, well, I decided to head to the Yiga Clan hideout and deal with them so they'd stay off our backs while Idalia and Ellet headed to Zora's Domain to find out what happened to the Champions. But then they got captured too. Azu came to the town, and we were caught by the clan's leaders when we tried to get in."

"Oh my. How long were you at the Yiga Clan?" She asked, jabbing her fork into the piece of hydromelon on her plate before lifting it to her mouth. "And how did you get out?" She bit down on the juicy fruit, and Link held his hand up as he finished chewing his bite of steak.

"Just a day. Azu and I got captured when we went in to invade them with the armies, and then we found out Idalia and Ellet were caught too. We were able to get in and reunite with them, and then we left."

"What if they come back and look for you?"

"Oh, don't worry," The king pulled out the little charm he took, and the teenagers all smiled. "We made sure they'd leave us alone."

"I'm glad you all are okay," Coryn smiled. "And Idalia! It's been a while since you've come to visit with your father, how have you been dear?"

"Well, aside from numerous near death experiences and some evil fate guy trying to take over my kingdom, alright I guess." The princess shrugged with a chuckle, but it left Coryn with a sigh and sad smile.