Chapter 17: Reticent Meeting

It was early in the morning, and Link stretched out and yawned as he woke up, opening his eyes to be met with the sandstone ceiling above him. He turned over to his left side, smiling at the sight of his wife still asleep.

"Zelda... wake up." He rubbed her arm a bit before he sat up and stretched his arms more, leaning over to kiss Zelda's cheek. She woke up and smiled, yawning herself as Link got off the bed. "We have to get ready before we head inside the bazaar. I'm not sure what time Riju's going to be calling us."

"Link? Zelda?" Sidon called as he pulled back the tarp to their tent. "We're about to start the meeting, so when you're ready come straight inside when you're ready. Breakfast will be served there." He then left so the two could get ready, and they did so promptly.

~~~~

"I apologize if we're late," Zelda said as they walked up the steps to the bazaar and in the door, Link following close behind her. "We may have slept in a tad."

"It's quite alright, Zelda. Just sit, breakfast will be out moment." Riju gestured to her seat just across from herself, and she and Link sat down. "Now, I hear you two have just returned from Korok Forest. Did you get the sword?" Link grabbed the hilt on his back and pulled it out enough for Riju to see it, and she nodded.

"We also went to the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab to discuss our concerns with Robbie. Also about..." She looked at Link, who pulled off his glove and revealed the faint blue lines running down his arms. "They have belief that these cracks are connected to the sword. But they didn't falter, not even when he pulled the sword."

"Breakfast is served!" Plates and drinks were served by chefs to all twelve people at the table, and then once it was all set and ready, they left the group alone.

"It's hydromelon!" Edrys grinned as she lifted her piece of melon, eyes wide and full of excitement. "I can't imagine a more beautiful thing!" She took a bite out of it, and Merona and Riju glanced at her before looking at each other.

"Riju, are you sure it's appropriate to have Edrys at this meeting?" Teba asked, leaning his head on his wing. "I mean, I personally don't mind that she's here, but isn't she a bit... young to be listening to this?"

"I suppose you're right, but I don't want to leave her at the town by herself all day." Riju sighed, watching as her daughter dug into her hydromelon.

"I could take her outside for a bit while we eat, and she can play for a while." Tulin offered, standing up with his plate in his wings. "That way you guys can talk in peace." Edrys excitedly nodded and took her bowl before running outside, and the rito followed her.

"Thank you, Tulin." Riju smiled as he ran out and gave her a quick nod before he left. "Alright. What it is you want to start with?" The cheiftain looked back at the king and queen, who sighed and exchanged looks.

"Well, Zelda's birthday is in less than a week, and we think that's when Ganon may return." Link explained, squeezing Zelda's hand tight under the table. "We have a few plans on what we could do, a couple of which involve Zelda... sacrificing herself, and a few which don't." Zelda avoided his gaze when he looked over at her. "Fortunately, no matter what, Idalia is at least safe over at the Oasis."

All four Champions exchanged looks with each other, staying silent as they knew full well that she wasn't.

"For our plan when we go into battle, we're going to make sure that we're all in place beforehand. The faster we act, the higher our chances of success are." Zelda said as she pulled out the Sheikah Slate before setting it on the table. Impa gasped a bit as it turned on, and she held her hand out for it. "No matter what form Ganon comes in, we have to be ready."