Chapter 29: In the Yiga's Hands | Pt 1

- flashback -

Esther sighed as she walked down the dark hall of the clan's hideout, one of the few that hadn't already been invaded by the hylian army. She knew you and the rest of your family were out there taking over. And she also knew Kohga had been ready for it all.

She listened to the rampaging and war occurring outside of her safe space, and she worried that worse things would ensue once the hylians had done their number. So long as Elric was safe and didn't get found out, they'd be fine.

"Sister-" She heard her brother poof into the hall behind her, and she whirled around to see him suffering on the floor. Elemental power swarming him and slowly taking over as he felt himself meeting fate. "I failed..."

"Sooga, you're... you're not going to make it." Esther stammered as she looked down at her brother's weak, dying form. "There's... there's something I want to show you, before-" Sooga winced and stumbled as Esther tried to help him up, and she felt her eyes sting with tears. "Before..."

~•~•~•~

Apples were tossed carelessly onto the table in the center of the Yiga Clan meeting room, and as they rolled across the table, the leaders glanced up to see Sammy standing across from them, an arm resting on her hip as she still held the cloth the apples had been carried in.

"Oh! Aunt Sammy, you're back!" Sauron's eyes lit up as he sat up in his chair, smiling as he looked up to the tall woman. "So, did you find out what that Loink guy's weaknesses are?" He quired, and Esther glanced up at her curiously, also anticipating an answer.

"It's Link. And yes, I did find his weakness. It just so happens it's an easy thing for us to use against him." In a moment, she shifted her form into the princess of Hyrule, and Sauron stood up from his chair shocked while everyone else in the room gasped.

"Woah." The leader breathed, looking over the work she had done to perfect her form shift.

"Princess _____, at your service." She smiled, bowing to the leaders before her who still stood in awe of her discovery. "To my dismay, of course, he didn't seem shocked to see her again. But it was because he knew it wasn't her. Though, I'm certain he didn't suspect it was," She appeared again as herself. "His dear friend Sammy behind the matter."

"So what do we do now?" Esther asked, spinning a red coin on the table that had earlier been used in a gambling game between her son and a captain. One Sauron had won. "Even if we've found a way to distract Link, his wife is still protecting this kingdom from Elric's power. So long as she's fighting, Hyrule is theirs."

"Well, for the moment, we have to capture the king. Elric and Ganon cannot be sealed without his little sword of evil's bane." Sammy explained, taking her seat on the edge of the large wooden table. "Fortunately, he is on the way to us now."

"Then we strike while he's unsuspecting." Sparrow spoke up. "In the dead of the night, as soon as he reaches the Kara Kara Bazaar. We will watch for him."

"Sparrow, we'll have better defense against him if we wait for him to come to us. Then we have all hands on deck." Zacore countered to his idea, but Sammy stepped in.

"Actually Zacore, I think Sparrow is right." She said, and her brothers both turned to her in surprise. "His guard will be lowest if he doesn't think we know he's coming. The two of you should go wait at the Kara Kara Bazaar, and Esther and I will be here ready to deal with him."

"What about me?" Sauron stood up, placing his hands on his chest as he looked between everyone in the group. "Do I have a job?"

"Yes. You're job is to help your scouts while they're looking high and low for the princess and her little sheikah friend." Esther told him, only giving her son the side eye as she kept herself facing Sammy. "Find them and bring them here. Once we have all three of them, there will be no one left to save the queen."