Chapter 55: "My Liege"

"My liege." A young woman bowed down at Esther's feet, and the Yiga leader signaled for her to stand. "I'll do my best with the clan while you're gone." She rose and saluted, and Esther bowed her head. She heard footsteps coming from down the hall of the hideout, and she knew instantly who they belonged to.

"I'll be back once the targets are secured." She told her, and then the door to her quarters opened and Sooga walked in. "Are you ready to leave? I've been waiting for ages."

"Yes, yes, I'm ready. Let's get going." He slid his single sword into its scabbard and prepared to leave, and Esther turned back to her assistant one more time.

"You know what to do. I put all my trust into you." She said, and the young woman gave her a firm nod and bowed. "Make sure these halls stay quiet. We'll be back soon." And with that, both of them disappeared, leaving the assistant to her station. But before she could even begin to move, she heard an explosion come from what sounded like the lower halls, and she groaned and set her hands on the hilts of her swords.

"So soon?" She quickly left the room, frustrated with having to rush to a situation the moment it was her that was left in charge.

~~~~

"AHHH!" The scroll wielder shrieked as he fell through the fog, and he just managed to use his power to collect all the wind into a spiral beneath him that caught his fall. He was slowly brought to the floor and on his feet, and he tried to sense any power near him, but found none. "Must be a secret room."

Azu walked around, quickly finding a wall nearby, and he trailed his hand along the wall as he walked in hopes he'd find a door. After a minute of searching, the texture changed from rough stone to smooth wood, and he reached down for the handle.

He was happy to find that the door wasn't locked, and he could push it open easily. He continued past the exit, and trailed his hand along the wall to his left. He still could feel no presence of power, meaning there was no Yiga clan soldiers around. But it also meant there was no way for him to find his own group.

In normal circumstances, he could sense the power of the Master Sword carried by Link, and even feel both the dark and light power within Idalia. But the Master Sword wasn't with them at this time. And for all knew, Irvine could have been messing with Idalia's power.

"Hm. Locked." He found another door, but this one wasn't opened as easily. He continued to try and fumble with the lock, and even tried to use his powers. But it was no use. He couldn't properly pick the weird lock, and his lightning wasn't strong enough to break it.

A rumbling beneath his feet alerted him that Naboris was nearby, as well as the feeling of electricity pulsing through his veins. He tried shocking the door again with the added strength of the Divine Beast's power, and the lock broke right off.

He walked into that room, and when he took his first step, he felt a soft carpet beneath him instead of hard ground. He took slower steps into this room, and after a few small ones, he felt something jab into one of his feet. Something cold.

He reached down to pick it up, and he ran his finger over it. The back felt smooth and metallic, but the front had cracks and jagged pieces of something. And a broken chain was connected to it. It must have been some kind of necklace. And he couldn't shake the feeling it felt a lot like the one Link had taken from Sooga and Esther.

"Wonder what this could be..." He hummed to himself, but before he could do anything else, he heard a scrape of metal behind him, and then he felt two blades against his neck, and he felt someone behind him. But he still felt no power coming from them.

"Take another step. I dare you." A female voice spoke behind him, and in his state of physical stillness, he gave his mind a chance to go through the list of voices he was familiar with. It sounded somewhat similar to Esther, but a bit higher. And he'd sense a presence of her oath if it was her. "Obey what I say or else."