Chapter 48: Siege and Fire | Pt 3

"This is so not alright," Azu huffed as he held both of his hands up, doing his beast holding the elemental shield above him and my father to protect them from Elric's magic. "You are truly a menace to this world."

"At least I know what I'm doing. Hylia always sets a couple of kids up to save this kingdom, and gives them the natural and technological advances to win. But not this time. This is the time where we finally get to sit upon the throne that is rightfully ours!" Elric laughed maniacally, but the sound of Esther's sword slicing against each other made him stop. "And it could have been yours too."

"I'd rather lose it again than have to share it with you, Elric." She aimed one of her blades at the prophet, and he quietly scoffed and stopped using his magic for a moment as he turned to her. Giving Azu a chance to lower the shield and rest his strength for a moment. "You're a weak, pathetic worshipper of a god who could care less about who you even are. If we all go down, you're coming with us."

"That's right!" My father cut in, and the attention breifly went to him. "You'll never come anywhere near sitting upon the Hyrulean throne, you'll be lucky to have a fake crown placed on your grave!"

"Shut up and don't agree with me!" Esther snapped, and my father grunted and glared at her.

"I wasn't exactly speaking to please you, Esther."

"You," The yiga pushed the tip of her sword against Elric's chest, and he looked nervously into her light red eyes. "You have managed to turn everyone against you, are you proud of yourself?"

"The same goes for you!" My father shouted, and Esther groaned and pressed her sword against Elric harder.

"And then that means the same for you, hylian."

"Actually, I have all of Hyrule aiding me in this fight. We've been fighting for peace, to get you lowlife's off our backs for millenia. And like rats infesting a kitchen, you all come crawling back to inconvenience us."

"I think we're a little more than an 'inconvenience' to you and your family." Esther snarked, and while she was distracted, Elric pushed her sword away from his chest and held the blade.

"You raised me this way, Esther. The night before father sacrificed his life to take that of Queen Amirah, he told me that I would be raised under Yiga rule and that I would become a valuable asset to Ganon. But the yiga that raised me betrayed me. I wonder what he'd think of this?"

"Do I look like I'd care what he'd think?" Esther stepped closer to him but pulled her arm in so the sword would stay in its same place. "Because I don't. I never cared for your father, and to be frank, the rest of us never really did either. Only my stubborn husband had any respect for the man at all."

"Idalia!" My father spotted Ellet and I as we walked in, and all of the attention went to the pair of us as we entered the outpost. "There you two are!" He looked a little closer at me and looked worried. "What happened?"

"I can tell you what's about to happen," Ellet aimed the tip of his claymore at Elric and scowled. "Someone is going to die today."

"Not to ruin your moment, Ellet, but that kind of already happened today. Like, multiple times. Did you already kill Harbinger?" Azu asked, and Ellet huffed and nodded. I held his hand tighter as he started to step towards Elric, and Azu rushed over to join his side while my father pulled me away from the boy and into his own arms. "Maybe enough death for today?"

"Definitely enough," My father breathed as he held me close to him, and I tried to keep my eyes open as I nearly succumbed to exhaustion. "But if we could take out these three right now, that'd be great."