Chapter 21: Idalia Alone

Hateno was a smaller, calm village in the Necluda region, and was the oldest hylian village in Hyrule - the only one that had survived through the Calamity. The weather was normally nice, and even if it rained, it was rarely a problem. But the storm that rapidly covered the kingdom's skies upon Ganon's return became a problem, very quickly.

"Elliott, dear, could you go collect the things I left by the waterwheel? I'm worried it's going to overflow soon." Tenra called as she continued to clean up their family store, and her husband nodded as he put something up on a shelf before he pulled on his coat and hurried out. "Aldin! Milla!"

"Yes mother?" Milla called from the top of the stairs, leaning over the railing. Her elder brother pulled on his coat and hurried downstairs, grabbing his sword off of the mount on the wall. "Aldin! Where are you going?"

"I'm going out to help with defeating the monsters attacking in the forest." He said, and he walked to the door and grabbed the handle. "I'll be back shortly." He left, but as the door was closed, Milla noticed his shield still on the floor.

"Wait! Aldin, your shield!" She called, but he was too far to hear her now.

"It's alright, Milla, he'll probably be back for it soon enough." Tenra shrugged as she went back to cleaning up the shop, and once Milla came down to help her, they heard a knock at the door. "See? He's already back, and-" She stopped herself when she opened the door, because it was not her son who was standing there.

"Hi Tenra." It was the princess of Hyrule, a black cloak draped over her back as her hair had fallen messily in her face, and her father's cracked and malice covered sword was tight in her grip.

"Idalia." The woman gasped, and so did her daughter once she her the name her mother spoke. "Come in, dear." She moved so Idalia could go in, and the princess got in and was immediately walked to a chair so she could rest from walking so far, and she told her story to the Finn family.

~~~~

The sun rose over Hateno Village, reflecting a faint rainbow in the sky as the clouds moved out of the way and the rain slowed down tremendously since the night before. Ganon was being contained at the castle, and the malice had swarmed the castle and everything close by.

I woke up on the couch in the General Store of Hateno Village, my cloak as my blanket and one of their pillows under my head. I was still holding the Master Sword, keeping it as close to me as I could, and I sighed as I looked out the window near me, little droplets of light rain still beating against it.

"Mornin', princess." I glanced over at the stairs to see Emeric walk down them, and he grabbed his gloves off of the counter. "I'm goin' out to help my parent's and siblings with the monsters and the flood, and we'll probably be gone for a bit. So, if you get hungry, help yourself to the food in the kitchen."

"Alright." I managed to say, still exhausted and shaken from the event the previous day. Emeric left the house, and I remained there on the couch, hugging my father's broken sword. Worrying about him and my mother. Every part of me hurting from not only the battle, but the long trip here as well.

My mother was bubbled in her own power keeping Ganon and Elric weak as they were forced to withdraw the malice they had spread around Hyrule in order to try and defeat her. But the damage was already done.

My father's blade was half shattered, and he had managed to take me outside to be safer. And his sword was left with me before he rushed back in to try and help to weaken Ganon. When I woke up in a small house just outside the wall of the castletown, I saw the giant bubble my mother had formed around the castle, keeping all of the malice and evil power within it.