Chapter 37: Water and Fire; Lavablight Ganon

"We best get in and out as fast as we can then." I rose from Ellet's side, and my father and Mipha both nodded. We heard a loud cry come from Vah Rudania, and a red barrier formed around the beast along with pools of lava. "Azu, will you be okay for just one more time?"

"I'll be fine, Ida." He smiled, and then he flew up to the top and managed to force the barrier down and the lava pools steamed into magma.

"We'll be quick." I placed my hand on Ellet's shoulder for a brief moment and smiled at him, and then he motioned for the three of us to go into the Divine Beast.

"Alright, let's do this, you!" Yunobo pointed at the blight, tearing off a piece of his rock roast and eating it. "You're messing with the wrong Gorons!"

"Yeah!" Daruk cheered, proud of the Champion's confidence. "It's time to pound some sense into that hothead! Either that, or we pound him into the ground!" He aimed his Boulder Breaker at the beast, who shrieked and created a ball of lava in his hand.

"Yunobo!" Mipha and I dashed in and stopped just behind the Gorons, and when they looked back, Yunobo seemed shocked, but Daruk and Mipha smiled and nodded to each other.

"This guy's about to get a taste of the Champion power!" Daruk grinned, and Mipha lifted her trident towards Lavablight and agreed. "The four of us are gonna show him who's boss!"

"Actually, Lord Daruk, there's five of us." I smiled, and he tilted his head in confusion for a moment before he heard my father yell, rushing in behind Mipha and I. He flew between us, getting lifted up by a swirl of water, and Yunobo grinned and activated him protection and jumped.

My father leaped off of his bubble, and Daruk did the same as Yunobo just higher. He leaped off of Daruk's bubble and got just above Fireblight, falling for a few seconds with his sword aimed down so he could slice through the blight's head.

Fireblight fell and was stunned for a moment after he got attacked, and my father landed and pointed.

"Get him while he's weak!" We all rushed to him and started attacking, doing as much damage as we could while he had fallen. My father even used stasis on him to keep him down longer so we could get in more hits. But it wasn't long until he got back up, and he formed a lava ball in his hand and it started glowing.

Pools of lava began forming around us, and Daruk quickly grabbed Mipha and my dad while Yunobo grabbed me so they could get us out of the way of the lava flood. They leaped to the spine of Rudania and made sure we were all safe.

"Okay, what should we do now?" I asked, looking over at my father and the Champions of old. "He's probably going to just keep flooding Rudania with Lava at this rate." I peered down at the flood, now slowly draining off of the beast and into the cracks in the ground.

"We need to stay close together. If he continues to do that, we don't want to risk anyone getting hurt." Daruk said, and we all concured. "Mipha, he may be close enough to the lava for you to use your water and cool it. Then he'll be stuck."

"I'll try." Daruk held her up high enough so she could see the blight, and she began spraying water over the lava beneath the blight, and it got him stuck there. "Alright, now!"

Daruk threw both Mipha and my father down towards Lavablight before jumping down himself, and Yunobo kept me in his grasp as he leaped down and landed, but once we hit the floor, I was launched over the other three and onto Lavablight's head.

Mipha and my dad were attacking from below white I slashed my sword against his head, but he eventually had enough and decided to just teleport away. I fell off and landed in the spot he was before, watching the blue ball float of power float away and reform elsewhere.

He got close to Yunobo and raised his claymore straight up, but when he slashed down, the goron managed to roll out of the way and leave him with the chance to rush attack him. Doing so weakened the beast even more, and it gave Daruk and my dad an opening to do additional damage.

"Little guy!" Daruk called, and my father glanced over and saw him holding his breaker out. He jumped onto the weapon, and allowed Daruk to launch him into the air. From his point in the sky, he sent down remote bombs, bringing the blight's attention to him instead of us.

Yunobo started rolling towards the blight and he leaped to hit it in the side, catching it off guard. Daruk managed to jump up to meet my father halfway in the air, and he used the breaker to send my father diving straight down to slice his sword through Lavablight's core.

Mipha started shooting ice spikes at it and a larger ball of water formed above her and shot straight at its face. Cracks of lava began forming around, forcing us to have to jump over them and steer clear of the monster's magic.

I was running in to attack Lavablight, but I noticed my father running away from it - eyes still on the blight. He didn't seem to notice the large pool of lava he was about to run into, so I changed direction so I could get to him and knock him out of the way before he could get hurt.

"Thanks, Dali." He groaned as we fell to the side, and we then glanced over to the sound of Daruk yelling as he jumped up, forming his protection. Yunobo formed his own and once Daruk landed on it, he shattered it, sending the old Champion flying towards Lavablight's eyes. Mipha pulled its arms back with water chains, giving the goron an entrance. He aimed his breaker and destroyed the eye of the phantom, ending it's reign of terror.

"That... that was amazing!" Yunobo smiled as he rushed to his predecessor. "I am honored that you came to save me, Lord Daruk! Oh! And same for you and Mipha and Idalia." He glanced to my father and I, who were getting up off the ground. Mipha joined Daruk's side, and he gently patted her back.

"That blight sure was somethin'. Hey, would you three mind tellin' Mipha and I what we're doing here? What happened?" He scratched his head as he and the Zora princess exchanged expressions, and the rest of us shrugged.

"We'll figure that out later. For now, I think there's two boys waiting for us to get back out there." I led everyone out of the Divine Beast to see Azu fall down against the tree that Ellet was against, and I rushed over to them. "Ellet! Azu!"

"Oh! You guys are back," Ellet breathed, still tightly holding his arm. "How did it go?"

"They saved us!" Yunobo cheered as he and Daruk exited the Divine Beast after me. "You're truly a hero gang, aren't you? You're raisin' some good kids, little guy." Daruk laughed and patted my dad's back.

"Oh, well, they're not all mine, only Idalia is really-"

"Aw, Ida, is your dad going to adopt Ellet and I?" Azu grinned, leaning against Ellet's left arm. I giggled and glanced over at my dad, who was still a bit shaken feeling Daruk's back pats after so long.

"I'll heal your arm, Ellet, then we can head back to the domain. I'm sure everyone is worried sick about you all." Mipha sat down beside Ellet and began healing his arm, while the rest of us collected ourselves and got ready to head back to King Dorephan.

______________________

Finally done with Water and Fire!

Still got Air and Lightning to do, and that's comin up soon! But first, it's

✨️reunion time✨️