Chapter 29: In the Yiga's Hands | Pt 3

"Idalia," Ellet started as we began packing up our things to prepare to continue across the wetlands so we could reach Zora's Domain by the end of the day. "Do you think the Champion's are going to be alright?"

"Of course they will be! The Champions are four of the strongest warriors I've ever known! I'm sure they're going to be fine." I reassured him, but I was also trying to reassure myself as well. I knew they were strong, but in a time like this, who knows what they were dealing with?

"I know they've had more time to learn their Divine Beasts and prepare for this than the previous Champions did, but if Ganon's forces are stronger now too, then," He stopped himself, but we both knew what he wanted to say. It's not what either of us hoped, that's for certain.

"We've learned so much more about him, or at least my parents and the Champions have. Elric isn't anything compared the to strength they've carried over the last decade. Really, my entire life. They've been fighting as a team since the end of the last Calamity. This won't be anything they can't handle."

We both smiled, trying to hope our reassurance to ourselves and each other would keep us together at least until we arrived. And maybe even beyond that.

A twig snapped, and we both quickly turned behind us to where we heard the noise, and my ears perked up.

"What was that?" I whispered, and Ellet only took a small step in that direction, curiosity overtaking just about all of our common sense.

"Hello, princess." We both glanced back ahead, and standing in front of us was none other than the Yiga leader, Sauron.

"GET BACK!" I shrieked, swiftly pulling out my sword before aiming it at him. Ellet held his arm out in front of me and did the same with his sword. Sauron only chuckled and waved his hands about.

"I'm not here to hurt you, Lady Idalia. I only came to inform you that your father and little buddy Azu are in the good hands of my mother." He told us, and my eyes went wide as I gasped.

"What did you do with my father and Azu?" I asked, and Ellet was the only thing that kept me from running right into him and trying to kill him.

"They're safe. Don't worry." Was all he said, and I took a step forward but Ellet locked his arm straight to keep me from getting any further away from him. Sauron raised his eyebrow as he looked at my foot and then his eyes flicked back up to meet mine. "Of course, they may be safe, but I'm sure they're very lonely. You know you could always accompany me to the clan and visit them."

"Don't move, Idalia." Ellet whispered harshly as he felt me forcing myself against his arm, and I felt near rage overwhelm me.

"Now, I wouldn't want make you, but your dear father has been refusing to eat or drink anything we offer him. He may be in his final hours, sadly..." He sighed, and I reeled my arm back before basically launching my sword at Sauron. His expression made no change as he held his hand up, catching the hilt before the blade could flip and hit him.

He looked over the weapon, light red eyes scanning over every symbol written up and down the silver blade. He glanced back at us, and the boredom and slight confusion in his expression showed he was entirely unphased by my attempt to attack.

"Are you finished?" He asked, and my eyes started welling up as I couldn't look away from him. Ellet was just as frozen as I was, but suddenly Sauron pulled out some rope and whipped it under our feet, tying them together and tripping us. We landed with a thump on the ground, and he hummed as we struggled trying to free ourselves.

He tied another rope around our arms, tying us completely together back to back. And then we felt smaller ropes slip around our wrists, tying our hands together on each side. Instinctively, my fingers intertwined with Ellet's, and he squeezed my hands.