Chapter 47: The Last Dance | Pt 2

"These apples are so good," Azu smiled as he munched on one of the red fruits we had collected in one of the small forests we had passed through. "I think it's also because I haven't eaten since we left the Plateau."

We were now entering the Blatchery Plains, having just gone between the Dueling Peaks, and we had parted with Mipha and Sidon just before we crossed between them. Robbie and Purah were already away from the trail, examining the ruins of Guardians from the Great Calamity battle.

"All this walking has built up an appetite." Ellet agreed, stopping in the middle of the path to watch the two Sheikah researchers do their thing. "Maybe we should take a break for a bit and gather some food. I'm pretty sure there's a place we can cook up by Fort Hateno."

"Sounds like a plan." I shrugged, and Azu reached into his bag and tossed me an apple to snack on. "We can't be too long, though. We'll need to be at Fort Hateno before the sun starts to go down."

"Hey Aunt Purah!" Azu waved his hand up, and Purah's head popped up from behind a guardian. "Find any food over there?"

"Unless you think you can make stew with guardian parts, I'm afraid not." She giggled, and Azu shrugged and headed off onto the field to search for anything we could eat. I felt something nudge my leg, and I looked down to see Terrako whistling.

"Are you tired too, Terrako?" I asked, and he made a few beeping sounds as he ran a few circles around me. "Oh, no, you seem to have lots of energy." He stopped near Ellet before jumping up and down in front of him. I giggled as Ellet tried to catch him, and on the third jump he finally did.

"Do you know where we can find food here?" He asked, and suddenly a new sound was made as a small antenna popped up on Terrako's head. The little guardian leaped out of his hands and began running down the path. "Hey, wait up!"

He went off track after running a bit, and made another beeping noise when he stopped at something. We ran up behind him and saw that he had found a hearty radish, and I smiled and plucked it. He then made another noise and ran off towards the field, and we chased after him.

"This guardian... it was the one that initially caused the princess to awaken her powers, and was one of the most powerful in the war!" Purah exclaimed as they stood at the base of a destroyed guardian, and Robbie scribbled some things down in his notebook. Terrako leaped over the guardian they were examining, and he headed towards Azu. "Hey!"

"He's searching for food!" Ellet told her as we ran past them, and they both turned around, just in time to watch Azu get knocked over by the guardian. A few carrots were just a few feet away from him, and we cheered. "Good job, Terrako!"

"I was just about to find those!" Azu yelled, and Ellet grabbed his arms and helped him up. Once he was on his feet, he pulled away and brushed the dirt and grass off of himself.

"Sorry, Azu. But he knows exactly where to find the food, we just had to ask!" I smiled as Ellet pulled the carrots from the ground and put them into his satchel, and I handed him the hearty radish. I patted Terrako on the head, and I heard Azu snicker.

"So I could just ask him to find anything and he'd know where to look?" Azu quired, and Ellet and I both shrugged. He kneeled down and Terrako looked at him and whistled. "Hey Terrako, are there any monsters nearby?"

Terrako made a few beeping sounds, but after his antenna popped up again and he started running, we knew he locked onto something. And when we looked to see where he was heading, we spotted two red moblins across the plain wandering towards with a big pack of bokoblins to defend them.

"He really can track everything." Ellet and I drew our swords, and Azu formed fire around his hands when he heard the snarls and growls. We rushed over to the little one, and Ellet stood in front of him. But he jumped back into his place up front, and his eye started glowing. "No, Terrako! Stay away, they're bad!"