Chapter 29: In the Yiga's Hands | Pt 2

"Here's your sand seal," I set the toy down on the large bed next to the young girl, and she quickly grabbed it and pulled it close to her so she could cuddle it. "I'll be close by if you need anything, okay? You're safe here." She nodded and pulled her covers closer to her chin, curling up with her toy.

"Your highness," One of the two guards at the door dipped her head into a bow as I stepped out under the archway leading outside of Riju's room. "Would you like us to go meet with the hylian army captains at the entrance?"

"Yes. Edrys and I will be fine for a moment while you're gone." I excused them, and they headed downstairs to meet with my army as it came in. I stood in my place for a few moments, staring out at the canyon split that the Yiga Clan used for their hideout.

I thought about how our fight was going to go. I was sure Esther was waiting to capture me, but I wasn't sure if they knew I was coming. A part of me had the feeling they knew, at least for them to have captured Merona so randomly.

"Hello, Link," I heard a familiar voice accompanied by a quiet, metal scrape, and when I turned around, I saw a figure standing by Edrys's bedside. "Such a sweet girl..." She chuckled, and I stepped closer, hilt of my sword in hand just in case.

"Wait... you." _____ looked up at me, a small smile on her face. But it was one that didn't feel familiar at all.

"Yes, me. What, you aren't happy to see me?" She asked, rising from her crouched spot on the floor. She rest her hands on her waist, her eyes staring at me full of disappointment. "I thought you said you missed me, Link."

"I do, I just- no. I need to take a nap, this isn't right, I'm sor-" Suddenly, she dashed towards me, grabbing the rim my shirt once she was close enough, and the smooth edge of her three pointed blade pressed against my neck.

"This is right." She hissed quietly, and I looked down at the sword. The symbols on it. I knew those symbols. "You're in denial, Link. I promise it's me. I promise I'm here! I just need you to come with me and I can prove it." I remembered where I had seen the symbols.

"Sammy." I quickly grabbed her sword arm and pushed it away before raising my leg so I could kick her in the stomach. She stumbled backwards quite a bit, hunching over to try and ease the pain. In the cover of the darkness, she shifted back without a trace, and her glowing blue eye glared at me, narrowing as she chuckled.

"I was waiting to see how long it would take you to figure it out." She stepped towards me, her sword still gripped tightly in her hand as her arm swayed lazily by her side. The silver of her blade glimmered with the moonlight coming in, and she lifted it up and dragged her finger along the edge. "Did the scimitar give it away?"

"What are you doing here, Sammy?" I asked, keeping my distance away from her. But I didn't want to stray too far from Edrys.

"Oh, you know, I thought I'd stop by for a cup of tea and some small talk." She grinned sarcastically, cupping her cheek with her hand. Then her fake act dropped. "I'm obviously here for you, 'your majesty'. Not very bright, are we?"

"Alright. Take me. But only if you can promise me that you'll release the chief and leave my daughter alone."

"I promise."

"Prove it." She didn't answer, and the innocent smile on her face faded away when she realized I was serious. I swiftly pulled out my sword and lunged towards her, and she was only half prepared. She was able to defend herself from the block, but I could tell she was caught off guard by my attack.

She ducked one of my slashes, and while she was low, she held herself on one foot, managed to spin halfway and take me off my feet with her other. I fell on my back, but saw that she was now leaping over me and preparing to attack as she fell. I rolled away from her before she hit the ground, and I got up.