Chapter 35: Water and Fire; Iceblight Ganon

"Alright, so, now that we're here, we have to-" My father was cut off by a rumbling in the ground once we reached Vah Ruta, and a large shattering noise came from inside. Ice spikes formed around the Divine Beast, and it cried out and formed a barrier around itself. "Well, any plan I was about to conjure up just went down the drain."

"I might have a plan." Azu held his open palm out to the ice spikes, and when he closed his hand, the spike broke. But it quickly formed back, bigger and sharper. "If I can stay out here, I might be able to keep the spikes and barrier down. And I could try and help wear the power of the beast in there down."

"Are you sure, Azu? We don't want you to get worn out." My dad placed his hand on the boy's shoulder, and he gave a firm nod back. "We'll be as quick as we can. Be careful." Azu formed wind beneath him before shooting himself up to the top of the Divine Beast, ready to hold it down.

"Good luck, Azu!" I called out, and then I looked back to my father. "What about us, dad?"

"Ellet and Zari, I want you two to stay out here and guard the entrance. Make sure Azu is okay up there." Both the zora woman and young warrior nodded, and then my father turned to me. "Idalia, it's you and me. Let's go make quick work of that thing."

"Right." A bright smile formed on my face, and Ellet gave me a thumbs up as we watched the ice melt around so we could get in. The barrier fell, and my father grabbed my hand and we hurried inside to make sure Sidon was okay.

"That beast... it's so strong." Sidon managed to say, still heaving breaths as he watched it prepare it's next attack. "I have no doubt in our strength as a team, sister, though I fear..." Both zora royals glanced back to see my father and I rush in, and they smiled while we gasped.

"Have no fear, Sidon, look who's come to help." The smile on her face remained unchanged until she noticed how my father was frozen in his place. Whether it was by shock or Iceblight's magic, she wasn't sure.

"Mipha." My father finally said, and I tried to study his expression, wanting to figure out if he was happy or scared or upset. But it was nearly unreadable. "I-I-" The ground shook as Iceblight smashed its axe into the ground, and my father and I drew our swords.

"We must finish this. Here and now." Sidon raised his spear towards the phantom, and Mipha agreed with him. The pair rushed in to attack, ducking under his axe and chains. Iceblight spotted my dad and I, and went to throw the spike balls at us.

My father grabbed my wrist and spun us around a few times before releasing me just as the ice balls came towards us, sending us both sliding across the icy floor in different directions. He used his new vantage point to rush in and attack Iceblight from the side while Mipha and Sidon were circling around, trying to find good spots to attack.

I noticed the blight raising it's axe above Sidon as he hurried across to where my father was, and I whistled loudly to bring its attention to me. I held up my shield as ice spikes were shot at me, and I only blocked each one until the last, which I parried.

The spike I countered flew to hit one of the spike balls away from Sidon and my father, and the Zora prince quickly rushed over to my side.

"Idalia," He started as he reached me. "I have a way to get you up there. But only if you're alright with a little air time."

"I've been in the air enough today." I held my hand out to him. "Do what you must." He nodded and took my hand to help me stand on his other hand. He lifted me up almost effortlessly, and then threw me towards Iceblight. I landed on the beast's head, grabbing the deep crimson spikes of hair to keep myself on top, and I got my sword ready to stab it in the eye. But when I tried to, it jerked enough to mess with my aim. So I tried again.

I stabbed again, but this time, a blue barrier formed around the surface of the entire blight, and it turned around to try and figure out where I was. The barrier grew deeper in hue until finally it was sent out as a wave of power, throwing my off of its head.

"Idalia!" My father caught me and held me up as I landed back on the floor again, hardly making it to my feet. We slid backwards a bit, and I took a few breaths and held up my sword again. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. We have to keep going or else we'll-" Suddenly, Sidon flew past us and leaped as high as he could, a swirl of water surrounding him. Just as quickly as it formed, it turned to ice. Leaving a large spring of it once he reached his highest pointed, spear aimed downwards.

"Sidon!" Mipha cried out, watching Iceblights axe come towards her brother, sharp edge pointed his way. She shot a blast of water from her trident -  one that turned to ice in a moment - and it hit the axe so it twisted the other way. The flat edge still whacked Sidon out of the sky, and she used this distraction to rush to it with her weapon ready.

Sidon was slammed hard against the wall and slid down to the ice again, but was back on his feet in no time. We could tell how physically exhausted he was, but he knew the cost if he succumbed to it now.

With Iceblight's body twisted, his spike balls flew in Mipha’s way, one landing just in front of her. She cried out and almost slipped, but the large cracks forming in the ice beneath her held her balance.

I heard cracks forming underneath my feet too, and I looked up at the ceiling where Azu would be above. He must be getting worn out.

"Mipha!" My father left my side to rush to Mipha, and he quickly slid and pulled her away from the spike ball, as another one landed where she was standing. And then the third one landed near them as they slid across the ice.

Suddenly, a ball of fire formed at the ceiling, and it shot down at the blight and broke his barrier, dealing enough damage to weaken him.

I rushed towards him and started to climb the ice spiral Sidon had formed, but he threw his axe straight and cut through the middle, shattering it and knocking me down. My father quickly grabbed my wrist and pulled me up and away from him, both of us watching as Sidon and Mipha reunited in the center of the room.

Sidon lifted Mipha up and she prepared herself with her trident so he could launch her towards the blight's eye. She was thrown high into the air before diving down to defeat Iceblight. And with her Lightscale Trident piercing it's target, the blight was defeated and a pink ball of light flashed through the Divine Beast as Mipha fell back to the ground.

"We did it!" Sidon cheered as he raised his fist up, him and his sister turning to look at each other and then to my dad and I. "I am truly grateful that you all came to my aid. But we are not yet done, are we?"

"I'm afraid you're only the first of the Champions to be rescued. Our next goal is to be by Yunobo's side." My father told him, and he nodded and looked to Mipha.

"We shall head now to save him, then we can- Ah!" He gripped his side and winced, Mipha quickly placing her hand on his arm.

"You're exhausted, Sidon. Let us go to Yunobo while you rest." She told him, and while hesitant, he agreed. "Are you two alright?"

"We're alright, Lady Mipha." I bowed my head to her, and she smiled softly. "I just hope Azu's okay after that." I glanced up at my father, and he sighed and agreed with a firm nod before the four of us headed to leave Vah Ruta.

______________________

If I said Waterblight anywhere in here know that I meant Iceblight, I just fought Waterblight in Water and Fire so my mind kept going to him