Chapter 54: East Wing; Subject I

"And this is where we used to keep members of the royal family." Ulia led us to a cell with a large shield that held the Hyrulean crest above it, and the doors were open since no one was in it. "They'll be coming today, though, so I'll have a chance to lock them up in here. Though, if our plan goes correctly, they won't be in here long before we deal with them."

"What's your plan?" Ellet asked, deepening his voice to make himself sound a bit older. She likely wouldn't know his voice, but we were trying to put on the image of adults. Though, technically we could be considered young adults already.

"Initially, Sooga - our clan leader's brother - had the great idea to hide out until the royals dealt with Elric first. Then we could take them on without the distraction of him. But that would never work." She walked away from the royal cell and started to head back down the direction we came from. "Especially now that they've targeted us."

Tyrant's low growl turned into a louder one as he looked around, sniffing something in the air. Stag barked at him, startling him, and causing them to get into a fight.

"Tyrant! Stag! Stop it!" Ulia snapped, and they backed away from each other but still growled. Her pointed ears perked up slightly when she heard something, and she began to walk down the hall, but signaled for us to stop.

My vision started to get hazy, and I felt a familiar tightening in my chest and wrists. Flashes of the alternate version of myself kept going through my head, and I felt my legs get weaker. I grabbed my father's arm as I felt my knees buckle, and all three of them held me to keep me stable.

"Idalia, take deep breaths." My father whispered, keeping his eyes partially on me and partially on Ulia. She stepped slowly down the hall, and suddenly we could see pink sparks surrounding a silhouette in the darkness. Ulia drew her obsidian dagger, and after a moment of walking slow, she lunged and wrapped her arms around the silhouette.

The visions faded out quickly, and I heard a cry down the hall. I held my head with a slight headache that started, and I felt the tight feeling lessen as Ulia's target struggled in her arms. She walked out of the darkness, and the light revealed a girl who looked very similar to her.

"Behold," Ulia huffed, wrapped her arm around the girl with her dagger grazing her neck. "The pitiful offspring of the prophet." The girl struggled to release herself from Ulia's grasp, and her eyes frantically scanned the four of us. But when her golden eyes met mine, I felt a strike of familiarity with them. But I had never seen them before. "Meet Subject I."

Ohh. I knew we all were thinking it. So maybe Subject I wasn't a powerful weapon. But she said offspring of the prophet, so this must've been his daughter.

"Let me go!" She shrieked, but Ulia only held her tighter and pressed the dagger closer to her neck. It was probably as close as she could get it without breaking her skin.

"Why is her name subject I?" I muttered without realizing it, and Ulia chuckled and pulled the girl closer to her.

"My name is Irvine!" She cried, trying to rip herself away from Ulia. The dagger cut into her neck, and the woman holding her shoved her down, pulling her now blood covering dagger away.

"Your name doesn't matter. You're a subject." Ulia grabbed Irvine's arm and pulled her up, and she placed the tip of her dagger at her back this time. "The prophecy line is ending. And even as a contributer, I honestly don't care."

Irvine threw her arm back and shot Ulia away with a blast of dark power. Her eyes flashed black when she did it, and she panted as she placed her hand back on the new wound inflicted upon her neck. Malice began to form under her touch, sealing the gash, and her amber eyes clicked back to us.