Chapter 11: Yunobo, The Goron Hero

I could hear the volcano rocks crunching beneath my boots as I hiked up the trail towards Goron City. Little sparks of lava and magma were floating through the air as I got higher, and the sky and distant volcano were starting to sway in my vision as the boiling heat rose around it.

I had some rupees with me, so hopefully I'd be able to buy some flamebreaker armor before my elixir ran out. The last thing I need is to catch fire and melt out here while I'm on a 'secret mission' to uncover the lie I was living.

I passed the Northern Mine, so I knew I was getting close. Gorons walked past me, waving and a few even surprised to see me out by Death Mountain by myself. Come to think of it, this may even be the first time I ever came here without my parents.

I finally reached the town, and I quickly hurried to the general shop to buy the armor for myself. It was a quick purchase, a few thousand rupees, and then I was on my way.

Little steps turned into large clanks, and I felt ridiculous walking across with the heavy armor. It was better than being on fire, I guess, but sooner or later I'd probably get used to it. I hurried - as fast as I could anyways - down to where Bludo lived. He must've known where Yunobo was.

"Bludo!" I called as soon as I spotted him, and he turned around to look at me, a smile coming to his face once he recognized me.

"Princess 'Dalia!" He exclaimed, opening his arms once I made it up the hill. "I almost didn't recognize ya with that armor on! What brings you out here all by yerself?"

"Hi Bludo!" I panted once I reached him, resting my hands on my knees. "I came to find Yunobo. Any chance you know where I might find him?" I asked, standing up straight again once I caught my breath.

"Oh yea! He headed up to Vah Rudania early today to do some trainin' up there," He said, gesturing up to the giant beast on the top of death mountain. My feet starting hurting at the very thought of having to walk all the way up there. "He probably won't be back until later tomorrow, though. He usually stays up there for a good day or two, at the least."

"Well, I'll go up there then." I took in a deep breath, reassuring myself I'd be fine. "Thank you, Bludo. I'll bring you back some rock roast on my way down."

"That's very kind of ya, princess! Oh, and if yer plannin' on goin' all the way up there, you should have some back up." He looked over at his guards, and then back at me. I nodded, and he called them over to get prepared to take me up.

~~~~

I climbed up the leg of Vah Rudania, the guards staying close behind me to make sure I got up alright. I gripped the edge and pulled myself up to the body of the Divine Beast, and I felt weighed down by my bag. The big books certainly didn't help with the feeling of the heavy armor covering my entire body heat to toe. The guards followed, and I stood up and looked around for Yunobo.

"Yunobo?" I walked towards the center Control Panel, and I quickly heard Yunobo yell out, followed by a whack. I glanced to my left and saw him swinging his boulder breaker around, practicing some hits. "Yunobo!"

"YAH!" He smashed the weapon against the ground, sending out a wave of force around it. He panted as he lifted his smasher, heaving it over his shoulder. He finally glanced over at me, and he gasped a bit but smiled. "Idalia! Hey!" He ran over to me, setting his crusher down next to him once he stopped. "What are you doing all the way up here, goro?"

"I came because I need to talk to you." I told him, and he seemed to lose his smile slightly when he heard this. "Is this a good time? I don't want to interrupt your training or anything."

"No no, this is fine." He looked up at his guards. "You two can go back to the city. I'll take Idalia back down when we leave." He told them, and then nodded and headed back down. "So, whaddaya wanna talk to me about, Idalia?"