Chapter 70: Yours Truly

Several months later...

"Goodmorning, Sir Leonard!" I smiled as I waved to a captain of the guard, who was standing at his post by the general stores in the Castle Town. The sun beamed down across the town, and everyone was already awake and busy with their jobs, kids were heading to school, and horses and carriages rode through the town carrying goods for the stores. Sir Leonard noticed me and quickly bowed, and I stopped by his side.

"Goodmorning, Princess Idalia! What are you doing out so early on your birthday?" He asked, and then he looked at my hand and saw the little muffin bag I was carrying with me. I think he must've figured it out by that, but he let me go on anyway.

"I was wondering if you knew where Ellet was?" I asked, and he nodded and pointed down the street leading East.

"He's with his group close to the Dye Shop and the Stables. I don't think they should be too busy."

"Alright, thank you!" He bowed his head to me as I hurried off down the street, remaining off to the side of the main path as it was a very busy day for travelers and shipments to the towns.

I wandered down the street, looking around for the group Ellet would be with, and eventually, I could see the Dye Shop and Stables up ahead. And a moment later, I could see the team in silver armor hanging around the stables with a few white horses standing by them.

I walked into the group, and it was hard to tell where Ellet was since they all had grey armor on with helmets. But I was able to tell his claymore out from all the broadswords, and I spotted him in the center talking to a couple other knights.

I tapped the metal on his shoulder, and the sound was enough for him to turn around and see me, and he smiled brightly as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Idalia!" He beamed, and I laughed as he practically spun me around. "What are you doing here? If I were you, I'd be sleeping in this morning." He chuckled, and I did too with a shrug.

"You know I love mornings." I said, and he nodded as he brushed a strand of my hair behind my ear. "I just wanted to visit you on your shift. And I brought you a muffin." I grabbed his hand and held it up so I could place the little muffin bag into his palm, and he smiled when I didn't pull my hands away.

"Thank you, Dals. I wish I didn't have to work this morning so we could spend some time together." He sighed, and I smiled a bit again to let him know it was alright. Then his eyes lit up again. "I get off in a few hours, so I can take you out on a lunch date! I'll have to stop home first, but I could be at the castle around noon."

After our battle with Elric, my father wanted to make Ellet a knight, but he was worried since he lived all the way in Hateno. Luckily, Aldin and Ivy moved into the Castle Town after Violet was born, and Tenra allowed Ellet to live with them.

"I'd like that." I smiled, and he placed his hand on my cheek and leaned in to kiss me. "I'll see you at noon, then."

"See you at noon. And happy eighteenth birthday." He gave me another tight hug, and I kissed his cheek as I pulled away, and we waved to each other as I walked inside the stable to find Ruby.

"So is it green or is it blue?" I saw two of the dye workers standing at a table, showing my father their newest design colors for a scarf line they made. "We're trying to find the perfect name for it and we're drawing blanks because of the color!"

"Well, it's hard to say, but I feel that you should go with a name on the blue side of things." My father pondered, lifting the fabric closer to the light so he could see all angles of it. "This would likely fit best with either light neutral colors, or contrasting bolds."