Chapter 10: Sidon, The Zora Prince

"King Dorephan." I remained in my kneeled position, but I held my head up to look at the zora king. "I came to talk to Sidon. Is he here?" I asked, and he thought as he looked out at the horizon, which was beginning to turn a golden orange shade as the sun set in the west.

"I'm fairly sure the last I heard was that he went to the diving competition with Zari. It's being held below the domain." He informed me, and I nodded and rose from my spot. "Is there any way I can be of assistance, Idalia?"

"Oh, it's fine, Dorephan. These aren't really... important matters," I hesitated, looking down at my bag which still carried the three valuable Hyrulean books in it. "Just some stuff about... my trident training. It's been a while since I've worked on my skills."

He squinted slightly, and I started to worry he suspected I was lying. But he closed his eyes and nodded before lifting his hand and gesturing to the stairs that led me up.

"Very well. But know that I am here at anytime you need to talk or ask questions about anything." I smiled and gave him a firm nod, and he did the same before sending me off. "Wait, princess, weren't you supposed to be-" I turned around, but he paused. "Nevermind. Go on, now. The competition doesn't go too late."

"Thank you, Dorephan." He knew something was going on. And, he also must've known I was supposed to be at the Oasis by now. But if he wasn't stopping me, maybe I was right to do what I was doing.

I headed downstairs, immediately hearing the cheering and splashing from the competition. Once I could see it, I could tell it was mostly just children now. The adults were all already out of the water and cheering on the younger Zora.

I looked around once I was in the crowd near the stairs, looking around for Sidon and his fiancée. Fortunately, it didn't take me much searching to spot Zari.

"Zari!" I hurried to her, and she smiled and waved once she saw me run through the crowd.

"Idalia! It's been such a long time!" She gave me a quick hug, and when she pulled away, there was a look of curiosity on her face. "What brings you here? It is rather late."

"I'm looking for Sidon, is he here?" I inquired, and she shook her head and pointed out in the direction of West Lanayru.

"Sidon headed out to Vah Ruta just a bit ago. We came to watch my nephews compete, but he had some things he needed to do up there." She explained. "If you want you can stay here for a bit, even for the night. I don't know how late he'll be out."

"Do you think he would mind if I met him there?" I asked, and she shrugged and shook her head.

"I'm sure he'd be alright with that." She said, and I nodded. Suddenly, two young zora boys ran up behind her, and she gasped as they bumped into her but then she smiled. "G. Na! Ruto!"

"Princess Idalia!" Ruto smiled, and he hugged me. "Are you here to watch the competition? Auntie, did you tell her about my awesome dives?!"

"Ruto, the princess has only been here a few minutes. And besides, you're soaked!" Zari pulled the little boy away and grabbed a towel for him, and his twin brother only laughed at him before getting a towel thrown over him as well. "I'm sorry, Idalia, these two can be quite chaotic. Garet! Stop hitting your brother with the towel!"

"It's okay, Zari," I chuckled, watching as the boys ran around chasing each other. "I think Garet and Ruto are fun little guys!"

"Hey! I go by G. Na!" Garet snapped at me, and I held my hands up and apologized while laughing as I watched Ruto bump into him from the side. "Cuz' my dad goes by C. Na! Do you C the pattern?!"

"Oh yeah? Then maybe I'll start going by R. Na!" He said, and Garet pushed him and the pair began running around again. Zari sighed and rested her hands on her hips.