Chapter 64: East Bound | Pt 1

The early morning sun was beginning to shine it's rays across Hyrule as the moon set on the other side of the land, and while certain locations of Hyrule were just beginning to wake, the Kara Kara Bazaar and Gerudo Town were already bustling.

The champions were discussing the plan for what their perfect opportunity to strike would be. My mother and father were mapping out our routes for travel, and Ellet and I were getting ourselves dressed and ready since we slept a bit later than everyone else.

"Alright, I'm ready." I stepped out of the closet and into the room we were in, and I saw Ellet standing by the bed slipping his gloves on. He glanced over at me, and gave me a smile and a firm. "I'm so glad this is all going to be over soon."

"Me too." He breathed, zipping the bags filled with our stuff, and I walked over to him and reached out for his hand. He took mine without hesitance, and I smiled as I looked up at him. "And then you and I will get to go on a real date."

I giggled as he pushed my hair out of my face and reached up for his wrist. "I'm excited."

He placed his hand on my cheek and leaned into kiss me, and I felt him smiling against my lips as I squeezed his hand.

"Hey Idalia, I wanted to ask if you-" My mother pushed the door open the rest of the way since it wasn't fully closed, and she stopped in her tracks when she saw Ellet and I. We both looked at her, and we quickly pulled away from each other as we went red.

"Hi mom," I smiled nervously, and she gasped and covered her mouth. "So uh... Ellet and I are..." He grabbed my hand again, and I swallowed and told her. "We're kind of together." She smiled and clasped her hands together, and I looked behind her for any sign of my dad. "Just don't tell dad yet. He doesn't know, and you remember what happened when I told him about Oliver."

She closed her lips and pretended to zip them shut, but the smile remained there. I let out a breath of relief, and then I heard him call my mother's name from down the hall. Ellet and I quickly let go of each other's hands when he walked in, and we all smiled at him.

"Hey kiddos!" He grinned, and we both waved to him. "So Zel," He placed his arm over my mother's shoulder and held the Sheikah Slate in front of her, leaning over her shoulder. "These are the plans we're finalizing for the routes, how do they look?"

"Hmm..." She pondered as she tapped her lip, eyes scanning over the paths drawn along the map on the screen. "I think they're solid. Let the champions and Purah know." She said, and he nodded and looked back at it again one more time. "Oh, and Idalia, I was going to ask if you wanted us to travel with you two until you reached Dueling Peaks. We'll be crossing through Central at night, and it will likely be dangerous."

"We'll be alright. You guys need to head straight for the castle. It'll be faster and you'll be saving energy."

"Are you sure?" She asked, and Ellet and both nodded to assure her. "Alright. Finalize the routes then, Link." She looked back at my father, and he nodded and pulled the slate away. "You kids won't be alone, anyhow, we'll send a handful of knights to escort you to Hateno Village."

"Well, Idalia will have this future knight protecting her, and have you seen what we can do? We have the strength of ten hylian knights combined." He held his hand out, and I slapped it with my own, and my father snapped his fingers and aimed a finger gun at us as he grinned.

"I know you two have the strength to battle anything that comes your way, but just in case, I want the knights with you." She said, and we agreed. "We best get back to the group. You two can come join us when you're ready."

"I'll race you back, my love," My father whispered in my mother's ear with a sly grin on his face, and he kissed her cheek before he pulled away from her and headed for the door. "Last one to the meeting hall is a red bokoblin!"

"Hey! Link!" She whirled around and reached for him as he started dashing down the hallway, and she walked quickly after him but didn't run. It was a good call on her part, as Urbosa caught my father after her nearly ran into her.

"NO RUNNING!" She shouted, pointing to a sign on the wall, and he rolled his eyes and promised he wouldn't run anymore. My mother caught up to him, and the three of them headed down the other hall towards the meeting place.

"I want what my parent's have someday," I breathed, chuckling a bit as I heard Urbosa lecturing my father. "My dad still looks at my mom as if he's a teenager who just fell in love for the first time."

"Well, I am a teenager who just fell in love for the first time," Ellet smiled, and I giggled and blushed as he wrapped his arm around me. "So, let's go!" He smiled, and I was about to turn and grab our things, but then he said something else. "I'll race you there, Dals!" He kissed my cheek and then grabbed our bags before running off, and my blush got deeper as I placed a hand on my cheek, but I was after him in a moment.

"Ellet! Wait!" I laughed as I ran down the hall after him, this time with no Urbosa walking around to catch us and tell us not to be running.

~~~~

"Alright, I have called this quick meeting to order so we could dicuss our plan one final time before we head off." My father started, and everyone at the table looked up at him. "Purah." He glanced to the researcher, and she smiled and unrolled the large map across the table. She tossed a marker at my father, and he caught it and opened it. "So, first thing's first,"

He drew a circle around the Kara Kara Bazaar, then he drew a line leading across the map and into the Gerudo Canyon, then he drew another circle around the stable.

"We're going to leave here hopefully within the hour, and then we're going to travel until we reach the Gerudo Canyon Stable. We'll have a break point there, and then we'll keep moving through the canyon. Once we've reached the Gerudo Canyon pass, we'll travel along Diggdogg bridge. Then after reaching the Great Plateau, Idalia and Ellet will head off East to Hateno Village, and the rest of us will head to the castle." He continued drawing, and everyone agreed.

"Champions, you'll all head to your respective villages and wait at your Divine Beasts for your signal to strike." My mother explained, and everyone agreed to their plan. "We'll take down Elric and Ganon, and then it will all be ended. Are there any questions?"

Everyone looked between each other, but no one spoke further on the matter and then looked back to her and my father.

"I think we're going to finish getting everything together then." My father said, and he sat back down. "All of you are excused. If you need us, just call us. We'll be in here." He sat back down, and everyone started to get up and leave. I saw my father lean closer to my mother, reach under the table and grab her hand and say, "Alright, what now, red bokoblin?"

I chuckled as I grabbed my water canteen and took a sip, and my mother smiled and rolled her eyes as she began pointing out little things on the route that we may need to watch our for. Monsters, trail blocks and camps were things we needed to be considerate of.

"And Idalia," My mother looked back at Ellet and I, and we glanced to her. "When you two arrive at Hateno Village, I want you to send a letter to the Castletown to let us know you made it, alright?" She asked, and we nodded.

"We'll come to get you the day after we defeat Elric, so we'll need you to hang tight while you're there." My father told us, and my mother concured. "We'll probably have to stay with your Aunt Coryn while we start the process of rebuilding."

We all continued to go over the plan, and my father made sure we were aware of every step, and even the steps we would have to take after our success to ensure Hyrule would be brought back to it's former glory.

_________________

This chapter may have been longer, (it may be a triple part we'll see) but Loinky is making me go to sleep >:(
like it's only 2:40 am

Count on me being back in a few hours bcuz I have inspiration for this story