Chapter 64: East Bound | Pt 2

Papers and maps were spread across a desk in front of Urbosa, and she skimmed through them all to make sure everything was in order. She took papers from the group and sorted them into neater piles off to the side, and then she put a few into a folder to be secured by Riju. She quietly hummed to herself as she did this, but the sound of heels clicking closer to her door caught her attention.

"Urbosa." Riju stopped in the doorway, and Urbosa glanced back over her shoulder at the chief. "It's happening again." Her eyes widened slightly as she turned fully around, and then she nodded and followed Riju down the hall and outside.

~~~~

"So it's been on and off like this since early on in the war," My mother sighed, staring up at Vah Naboris as she stood beside Purah, who was swiping through her Sheikah Slate trying to find a solution to their issue. "Are the other Divine Beasts having difficulties?"

"Not for us." Teba shrugged, and the other champions concurred. "The Yiga Clan is likely behind this. Naboris was battling on the frontlines, it's possible they found a way to mess up the system and shut down the power."

"We're here!" Riju called as she ran across the sand with Urbosa close behind her. "Do we have any ideas on how we're going to fix this?" She asked, and everyone exchanged looks with each other, looks of defeat. But then my father's eyes lit up.

"What if we just need to reactivate the power source?" He suggested, and Urbosa raised an eyebrow, urging for him to elaborate on his idea. "Maybe if we strike Naboris's power source with some lightning, the power will reactivate and revive it."

"It's worth a try." Riju glanced up at Urbosa, and the taller woman nodded and strode towards Naboris. My father followed the pair, and he stood just behind them as they readied their lightning. Urbosa noticed he was there and smiled a bit.

"You might want to stand back. As your suggestion stated, we're going to be electrocuting Naboris." She told him, and he nodded and positioned his stance to be the same as theirs.

"Does my form look good?" He asked, and Urbosa shot Riju a look that said 'Is he serious?'.

"Just watch." Riju reassured her with a smile, and the chief shrugged and looked back at the beast. She and Riju both extended their arms, and they held their hands out with their fingers pressing together. Small sparks appeared at their fingertips, and they both took in deep breaths before snapping.

Lightning shocked the power source of Naboris, and it was clear that it wasn't enough to restore it's full power. Urbosa looked defeated, but she noticed Riju stepping aside for my father to walk in between them. His stance was very similar to theirs, and then the pair of chiefs both got back into position to strike again.

Riju nodded to Urbosa and my father, and they nodded back. The Gerudo women snapped again, shocking the power source again, and my father took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly. He raised his hand up a bit, and I could see the yellow branch of the design on his arm begin to glow. He snapped his fingers, and lightning continuously struck down on the power source.

He had to hold his position, and I could tell he was beginning to strain after a few moments. Urbosa and the other champions watched in amazement as the power began to restore, and the ground started to rumble with the force of the shock. My father did his best to hold it as long as he could, but he wasn't able to keep it forever. Just before he was about to stop, he managed to snap one final time, and a more powerful strike hit Naboris. And that was enough to fully restore the rest of the power.

The ground shook hard with that last strike, and everyone practically fell into each other. My mother and I held onto each other as the Divine Beast brought itself back to it's feet, which shifted from purple to blue in a matter of moments. Naboris turned pink as it stood, but then it turned back to blue, and a loud roar emitted from it once it was back to normal.