Chapter 39: Rescue at Forgotten Temple

"Okay, so, we're going to have to go around the cliff area where the Forgotten Temple is, and from there, it should be an easy journey to Rito Village." My father told all of us, dragging his finger along the map of the Sheikah Slate to decide what path we would take.

"You've become a great leader, little guy!" Daruk exclaimed, and I giggled as my father turned his head back. "Back home, you're as timid as a mouse! And now you're the King of Hyrule!"

"I wasn't any less nervous when I first became king. I like to think it was because of my initial charm." He shrugged, and Azu and Ellet both gave him thumbs ups and nods. "I mean, Zelda fell in love with me, so it had to be because of my charm."

"And you saved her from Ganon!" I called, and Daruk and Mipha both chuckled as he nodded in a 'more or less' kind of way.

"Speakin' of Ganon, why don't you tell us a little more about here?" Daruk asked. "We told ya about our world, and we want to know more about this world!"

"Well, from what I've heard about your world, it wasn't too much different back then. The Calamity struck on Zelda's seventeenth birthday, and I nearly died and was brought to the Shrine of Resurrection for fifty years while she was trapped in the castle with Ganon, just as she is now. _____ was frozen in a lake on the Great Plateau for that time, and as for you for... you and King Rhoam died within the first day of the attack."

Mipha and Daruk exchanged looks of worry, already knowing from the days before what he had told them but now thinking deeper into it.

"After half a century, _____ and I woke up and started traveling around to free Divine Beasts of Ganon's hold on them. Sidon, Yunobo, Teba and Riju were the ones who helped us. That is why they were deemed the new Champions."

Yunobo and Sidon nodded firmly with grins, glancing at each other.

"It's been twenty years since the Calamity ended. Three years after, Zelda and I were wed and we had Idalia." My father finished, but not quite before questions were asked.

"So what about _____? Where is she now?" Mipha asked, and Daruk nodded and intently waited for my father's answer. But he didn't.

"Her life was taken at the end of the final battle with Ganon." I told them, and they both quietly gasped but frowned and looked back to my father. "She's alive in your time, you said?"

"Yes, she is. Just turned twenty a few months ago." Daruk shrugged. "Oh! In this world, did she and Revali wind up together?"

"Actually, yes!" I grinned. "I couldn't tell you all the details, but I bet my dad could." I looked at him and he chuckled and waved his hand about.

"_____ married Revali eight years before the Calamity struck, I believe. And they had two children, Amalia and Kai. In fact, we're still quite close with Amalia even now."

"Wow! I'm sure Revali will be thrilled when he hears about this," Daruk laughed as he gently nudged Mipha’s arm. His smile quickly dropped, though. "But wait, if Revali and Urbosa come to this world, do you think _____ and Rhoam will get worried?"

"Oh no, what if everyone else is too? What if they're looking for us?" Mipha gasped, and my father and looked between each other. And suddenly a blue laser shot past us, and the entire group halted.

"A guardian!" My father rushed over to it and climbed it until he was sitting on it's head, and he stabbed it in the eye, causing it to shoot repeated blasts out, spinning it's head around a few times before finally exploding into smoke. My father leaped and let the blow launch him a bit, landing just at the edge of a cliff.

"There's more!" Ellet pointed to a horde of flying guardians coming in, and everyone prepared their weapons to fight them. "Let's destroy these suckers!" He and I ran in to begin attacking them with Azu behind us with fireballs ready since some were ice guardians, and the Champions began defending Purah and Robbie.