Chapter 47: The Last Dance | Pt 1

"Water, check, food, check, swords, check, shields, check, armor... check!" My father zipped up my bag and handed it to me with a little note attached to it, and I set it down on the ground next to my feet and just hugged him. "You three are going to do just fine, I promise."

"Please be safe there, dad." I pleaded, and he nodded and kissed my head before pulling me back into the embrace.

It was early in the morning, still mostly dark out with the sun peeking up in the East over the ocean. For the past half hour, we'd been packing up our camp and preparing ourselves to head on our separate ways for this final battle.

My father would head directly to the castle to face Elric and save my mother, the Champions would head back to their Divine Beasts and prepare to strike on Elric and Harbinger Ganon during the final fight. I would be heading with Ellet and Azu to Hateno Village so we could stay safe with Ellet's family.

"I'll be fine, Idalia. When you get to Hateno Village, just relax and get some rest before your mother and I come to get you tonight, it'll be a long trip for us home." He gave me a reassuring smile, and I nodded and squeezed him tighter. "Boys,"

Ellet and Azu looked up at my father as he pulled slightly away from me, though I was still holding onto him.

"I hereby deem you two as the knights that will protect my daughter." He said, and they grinned until I glanced up at my father with wide eyes. "And, Idalia, I deem you the protector of Ellet and Azu." He smiled, and I giggled as he rustled my hair. "I want you three to look out for each other. You're a team."

"We will, dad." I said, and he held his arms open for Ellet and Azu as well. They joined our hug, and while I was nervous about just letting my father go off to the castle, I felt more at ease since everyone else seemed confident about our battle finally coming to an end.

The Champions were packing up their things and getting ready to go with their families. Riju and Merona were helping Edrys pack her things, and Urbosa was talking to Revali as he fixed his bow. Teba and Saki were showing Tulin more techniques for his archery, and Sidon and Zari were showing Mipha little trinkets and memories they carried. Daruk was telling Yunobo and Fintin stories from his childhood.

"Alright everyone, are we all ready to go?" My father's voiced boomed over everyone, and they all talked between each other for another moment before nodding, giving thumbs ups and saying yes. "We best get moving now while the day is young. I'll go over the plan one more time."

Terrako rushed from Robbie's side to my father with a map that carried the plan he wrote out for the final battle, and my father smiled and took it from him.

"Thank you, Terrako. Alright, so, I'm going to head straight to Hyrule Castle from here, and once I get there, I'll make it my priority to find Elric as soon as possible." He showed us the map. "Teba and Riju, you two will take your families back to your homes and go to your Divine Beasts to prepare for the strike. Same for Sidon and Yunobo, though Sidon, I want you guys to travel with Idalia, Ellet and Azu for as long as you can."

"Right." Sidon gave a firm nod to my father, and then everyone looked at the three of us standing by him.

"These three will go to Hateno Village and stay with Ellet's family until this is over. Azu, your mother will be arriving there too, and Purah and Robbie will be at that lab with Terrako." He rolled up the map and slid it into his bag, and we all agreed to the plan. "Well, let's get down to the field and started on our ways."

~~~~

"Well, I guess this is goodbye for now, kids." My father sighed as he patted Epona's back, and I gave him one last hug. After a moment, Ellet and Azu joined in. "Be safe out there. We'll be with you soon."