Chapter 38: Heroes of the East

"So you two are from another world," My father breathed, glancing between Mipha and Daruk as our group walked down the path leading to Zora's Domain. "Then how did you get here in time to save Sidon and Yunobo?"

"We aren't exactly sure." Daruk shrugged, scratching his head. "I was just coming home from Hyrule Castle when I heard a voice, and I could see Yunobo here in trouble with that monster."

"Yes! That's what happened to me." Mipha exclaimed, pointing at herself, and Daruk nodded and they both turned their attention back to us. "It was a strange occurrence. But I'm glad I was able to help my dear brother." She smiled and placed her hand on Sidon's arm, and he mimicked her expression.

"In any case, we're beyond grateful for you coming to our rescue today." Sidon told them.

"Yeah! If it weren't for you guys, we would have been toast!" Yunobo agreed, pounding his fists together.

"You say you were coming home from Hyrule Castle," My father speculated. "And Revali and Urbosa are alive as well?" Mipha and Daruk nodded. "What were you at the castle for?"

"Well, yesterday was the funeral for the queen." My father's eyes went wide and we exchanged looks for a brief moment. "We all went - well, except Revali - and stayed the night to support the princesses. In fact, I don't believe Urbosa had left yet."

"So that means Ganon hasn't attacked yet?"

"Not yet. The royal family said it wouldn't be for nearly another decade, if the 'prophecies' were correct." Daruk shrugged. "But wait, little guy, if you and Sidon are in this world, what happened to us?"

"Oh, well, when the Great Calamity struck, just about seventy years ago, you, Mipha, Revali and Urbosa suffered the fate these two would have if you didn't save them." My father explained, and Daruk and Mipha both quietly gasped. "It's a very long story. One we'll go over once all of us are together."

"King Link!" We all turned to see Bazz rush to the entrance of the domain as he spotted us crossing the bridge, a bright smile on his face up until he saw Mipha and Daruk. He gasped, and everything about his reaction seemed as if he'd seen a ghost.

In his mine, he likely thought he had.

"Come on. Everyone's waiting for us." My father led our large group up the stairs after Bazz, and I could tell the four Champions were growing more anxious with each minute that passed. Until finally, we reached the top of the stairs, and had Sidon and Yunobo go ahead of us to the throne room.

"They could be back any time now," Dorephan sighed, looking down at Fintin. The goron was fidgeting with a small rock he had in his large hands, and he nodded to the king's statement. "I last saw Sidon when he left for the Divine Beast a week ago. I can only hope it wasn't the last time I'll hear him say-"

"Father!" Sidon exclaimed as he dashed up the stairs, and Dorephan gasped at the sight of his son alright, a teary-eyed smile quickly becoming of his expression.

"Sidon! My son, you're alright!" The prince rushed over to his father, Zari and Bazz quickly following. Yunobo came in after, looking around for his friend.

"Fintin? Oh, Fintin!" Yunobo ran to Fintin, who quickly set his rock down and reached out to hug the Champion. "I'm so sorry I've been gone so long, goro!"

"We were so worried about you, Yunobo!" Fintin said, but he smiled and patted the goron's back. "Everyone is gonna be so happy you're okay."

"Father, there is someone else that I think you should see." Sidon said, and both zora looked at the entrance where the Zora Princess and Goron hero were walking in. Dorephan’s jaw dropped as his eyes blew wide, and Sidon nervously smiled as he extended his arm for his sister.

"Mipha?" The king gasped as the girl stepped forward, and she nodded. "But... how can this be? My dear daughter, I thought..."

"They’re from another world," My father answered, and everyone's attention went to him and I as we walked up the steps with Ellet and Azu behind us. "One that has not gone through the Calamity yet."

"Another world?" Fintin asked, stepping towards Daruk. "How did you get here? Do you know who we are?" He gasped. "Are you the evil version of Daruk? I've read stories of good people having evil counterparts from other worlds."

"They aren't evil, Fintin. Actually, these two saved mine and Sidon's lives." Yunobo stated, and Dorephan and Fintin both gasped. "We were on the verge of getting pounded by those blight's. But because of Mipha and Daruk, we didn't."

"Is that true?" Dorephan looked to Sidon, and he gave a firm nod to confirm Yunobo's statement. "Mipha, I... I'm afraid I don't have the words for you now, I..."

"It's alright, father, we're all trying to figure this out." She placed her hand on his, and he took in a deep breath and tried to keep himself together. "All that matters is Sidon and Yunobo are alright."

"It's getting pretty late," My father said quietly, glancing down to the three of us standing beside him. "And we have to be heading out fairly tomorrow for Rito Village. The four of us should go get some rest." He stretched his arms out and yawned, and we agreed. "We're going to go get some rest for tomorrow, everyone."

"Alright," Dorephan nodded, placing his hands on his children's heads. "We should probably do the same, soon." He smiled at Mipha and Sidon, and they both smiled back. Dorephan finally looked so relieved after so much happening, not just now, but even before.

"Oh, actually, Link," Yunobo started, stepping forward between Fintin and Daruk. "The three of us are going to head back to Goron City. But how about we meet you in the Lanayru Wetlands tomorrow morning?"

"Sounds like a plan." My dad agreed, and he glanced over at me just as I was yawning, and he chuckled and placed his hand on my head. "We'll see you all in the morning." He bid everyone goodnight, and then we headed back to our place in the inn to get ready to sleep.

"I have dibs on the changing room first!" Azu called, beginning to do his Sheikah run towards the entrance of the inn.

"Hey! Wait a minute!" Ellet dashed after him towards the door, and my father and I laughed.

"It's so nice to get to see everyone together again," I smiled, folding my arms together as I felt a chill from the early night run over me. "Dorephan seems so happy."

"He's been so worried about Sidon this past week. And now that he has not only his son but his daughter home too, I'm sure he's overjoyed." He grinned a bit and looked down at me, placing his hand on my shoulder. "That's part of why I've been so worried about you, Idalia. Seeing how painful it was for Dorephan to be so worried about his son, it... it made me even more grateful that I'm able to prevent anything happening to you now."

"I know. I'll accept your decision to go by yourself, but you have to promise me something." I pointed at him, and he nodded and listened for me to go on. "Promise me that mom will be okay. Promise me she'll come back, that the last time I'll ever have seen her won't be when Elric attacked."

"Hey, it's okay, Idalia," He saw the tears begin to form in my eyes and quickly kneeled down to be at my level. "I... I promise I'll get her out of there. I vowed this time that I'd keep everyone safe. Especially you and Zelda."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him, and he pulled me into a comfortable embrace. He gently rubbed my back a bit, and I felt better with his assurance.

"I know I've given you reason to not trust me. But believe me now when I say I'll do everything I can to save her." He pulled away and gently caressed my cheek, and I nodded and smiled.

"Link! Idalia! Should we make steak or seafood for dinner?" Azu called from the inn, and we heard him lighting the fire under the cooking pot.

"Seafood!" My father and I both called, and he smiled and kissed my head before standing up. "Let's go get some dinner. I'm famished."

"Me too." I giggled as he led me into the inn where Azu and Ellet were trying to prepare food for the four of us, and once we were comfortable and settled, we helped them cook. And we enjoyed a nice dish of chillfin trout and hylian rice.

_______________________

The first of the reunions!

Gonna go make me some cookies, yall want some?