Chapter 30: Deceiving Fate

"Idalia," Ellet whispered, and I could only half hear him as I was trying to collect my thoughts, not even fully sure of where I was. I felt his hand still holding mine, and I leaned my head back against the wood block we were chained to. "Are you awake?"

"Yes." I muttered the word weakly, and he let out a sigh of relief. I looked around the dim room- everything cobblestone except for the heavy wooden and metal door between us and the dungeon hallway.

"I've been trying to find a way out, but," He hesitated, and I groaned as I tugged on my restraints. "I don't know how easy it's going to be. And not even that, we still have to find your dad and Azu."

"I'm sorry, Ellet." I spoke quietly, and he glanced over at me. "I wish you didn't have to get caught up in this whole mess. I promise, when we finally get out of here, we'll take you home. You'll be safe there, and not in this place probably scared and tired."

"Are you kidding? Idalia, this is the most fun I've had... ever! I mean, sure, I'm not a huge fan of being locked in this dungeon, but the rest of our adventure has been so cool." He smiled, and I lightened up a bit with what he said. "I know you're worried about your dad and Azu. But we're going to find them and leave this place, I promise."

"Are you sure you don't want us to take you home? Getting through to the Divine Beasts isn't going to be easy, and the fight with Elric will be even worse."

"I want to stay and help, even if I'm not powerful like you guys." He said, and I snorted a bit and waved my hand about. "Though, you make it sound it sound as if you don't want me to keep traveling with you."

"No! Of course I want you to stay, Ellet." I smiled softly, and he did too, tilting his head towards me as I scooted closer to him. "I just don't want anything to happen to you, that's all." I shrugged, and he chuckled and instinctively leaned his head closer to mine.

"That's actually sweet." He grinned, and I wanted to turn my head away and hide the light blush that spread across my face, but I couldn't make myself do it. "Idalia, I-" He went quiet when the door was opened, and we watched Zacore walk in before closing it behind himself. We stayed silent, avoiding eye contact with the Yiga captain, but with him standing ominously in the center of the room, that became increasingly difficult.

"My name is Zacore. I'm the-"

"We know who you are. Don't think Sauron forgot to tell us." I rolled my eyes, letting them land on him. He cleared his throat and nodded, straightening his posture as he studied over the pair of us.

"I was told to come check on all the prisoners, and we have too many, so please remind me of who you are. I'm looking for the princess and her little friend, and Sauron asked me to separate them and take the princess to Esther."

"Really?" I snickered, and the lack of change in his expression when I said that let me know he was serious. "Fine. We're the king and queen of Hyrule."

"You are?" I meant what I said as a joke but he took it seriously. Ellet and I exchanged expressions, trying to figure out if he was just playing along or genuinely couldn't tell. "I was told we had only the king with us."

"Well, you got us both," Ellet told him, adding onto our little lie. "So. What do you plan on doing with us? You've already taken Azu and that village boy... what was his name again?" He pretended to ponder, and I had to stifle back laughter.

"Well, as much as my brother and I would love to take care of you now while we have you here, it will be up to Esther and Sauron what happens to you." He sighed, folding his arms as he narrowed his eyes at us.

"Let that Esther know that she can do whatever she wants with me, but if she touches my wife, she will rue the day she was born." He turned his head and winked at me so Zacore couldn't see it, and I smiled as I glanced back at the captain. Who was growing more suspicious with each growing minute.