Chapter 27: Attack in the Outpost

"Dad," I started as the three of us walked into the outpost that was built as a defense to the sacred temple on the Great Plateau. "Do you think Azu is going to be okay?"

"He'll be alright, Idalia, I promise. The monks chose him for a reason, I'm sure." He rested his hand on my shoulder, glancing down at me with a small smile. But after seeing how worried I was, his smile fell. "I've seen what Azu is capable of. He's gonna do great."

"I hope you're right." I sighed, looking back at the Plateau. I suddenly felt my father's arm in front of me, preventing me from walking further, and when I looked to see why, I saw the tall Yiga man that stood in the center of the small town. Ellet and I stayed as still as we could on either side of my father, and he carefully eyed the man.

"Who are you and what do you want?" He asked, and he pulled his right arm away from Ellet, slowly reaching for the hilt of the claymore on his back. The man chuckled, a deep, sinister chuckle before placing one hand on his chest with the other behind his back.

"I apologize for not introducing myself properly, your highness," He bowed over, head down and legs straight together. "I am-"

"GET HER!" A Yiga captain fell down from the sky, and my father gasped but had to pull his sword from it's sheath and block the attack from the leader man. Ellet got in my way and blocked the attack from the captain and pushed him away.

My father managed to push the tall man away from him, but he had two swords. Neither the length or width of my father's, but this man was obviously an expert at wielding them. My best assumption was that this was Sauron.

"DAD!" Ellet grabbed my wrist and began running away with me, and I looked back to watch my father fight with the Yiga leader. "Ellet, let me go!"

"No, Idalia! They're here trying to kill you!" He snapped, only glancing back at me for a moment as we continued to run. I tried to pull my wrist away from his grip, and with enough effort, I managed to free myself. "Idalia!"

I rushed to my father and pulled my broadsword out of it's scabbard, trying to reach him before he was hit. The leader was darting in with his swords crossed in front of him, ready to attack my dad. But he wasn't prepared to defend himself.

I managed to slide in just in time to slice my sword up against his blades and break his cross, catching him off guard and parting his arms so he was vulnerable. I leaped up and kicked him as hard as I could in the chest, shoving him backwards a good few steps. I landed on my side, my sword falling next to me, and my father now had a chance to block as the man ran back towards us.

Their swords clashed, and the yiga man kicked his legs out behind him as he leaped, putting all of his weight into the swords that pushed against my father's royal claymore and he practically flew over him. I felt Ellet grab my legs and pull me away from them, giving me hardly a chance to grab my sword.

I let him help me up and run away this time, my left leg hurting to put pressure on but I had no choice. A captain appeared in front of us and stopped us from going forward. He tried to go back to my father, but we were blocked off there too now. Yiga captains stood on all four of our sides.

"Hand the princess over and no one gets hurt." One of them spoke, holding his hand out. Ellet looked at me, and he then sighed and offered them my hand. The captain reached out and wrapped his hand around mine, and I glanced at Ellet as he released my hand, silently questioning what he was doing.

Just as the yiga thought they had me, Ellet grabbed his sword and slashed it right across the wrists of the captain, forcing him to shriek and release me. Ellet ran in a circle, slashing all of the captains in their necks as he hit each of them. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into him as he pointed his sword out.