Chapter 48: Siege and Fire | Pt 2

"Idalia, it's alright sweetheart, take a few deep breaths and stay calm." My father spoke to me gently as Robbie and Purah kept track of Azu's condition and tried to come up with a solution. He went to hug me but I pulled away and stood up.

"How am I supposed to stay calm when my best friend is dying?!" I snapped, tears streaking my face as I shook with fear. My father quickly stood with me and wrapped his arms around me, whispering words of comfort to me but I didn't hear half of them.

I wasn't able to think straight as my knees felt like they'd give out under me, and my father's arms were the only thing keeping me stable.

"He's dying because he saved me," I looked back at him, and his eyes opened slightly to meet mine. I pulled away from my father, but he still held me to keep me stable. "Stop rescuing me, Azu."

"I'd do anything for you, Ida." He managed weakly, the smallest smiled forced on his face. But then it fell. "I suppose I won't get to rescue you anymore though, huh?"

More tears ran down my face with his words, and my father pulled me back towards him and into an embrace again. I reached up and grabbed his hand on my shoulder, and he squeezed mine tight.

The sound of smoke puffing pulled our attention away from Azu, and we all looked over to see Sooga and Esther together by a large rock; Sooga standing beside, Esther sitting on top with her legs crossed. My father instinctively pulled his sword and aimed it at them, and they both exchanged looks before returning their eyes to my father.

"We gave you until midnight to defeat Elric," Esther said, looking up at the moon. "And you failed." We all looked up too, watching as the moon barely crossed the center of the sky. "So tell me, what is it we're supposed to do now, hylian?"

"Please, Esther. Can we have just a bit more time?" My father begged, but the yiga woman snickered and rolled her eyes. "Just until-" Another puff was heard, and we all looked to Fort Hateno's gate and saw Elric standing there with a grimace painted upon his pale face.

"You gave him time to defeat me?" He asked, and Sooga and Esther thinned their lips and felt themselves shrinking under the prophet's gaze. "I cannot believe even the people who raised me and sided with betrayed me."

"Elric, we can explain-"

"I have been working hard to ensure our destiny remains untouched by the filthy hands of these hylians, but I suppose they were right. You Yiga are traitors to anyone." Elric huffed and looked down, but he perked up when he heard pattering behind him. And then Harbinger Ganon joined his side. "There you are, what took you so long?"

Whistles and beeps came from the guardian, and Elric hummed and waved his hand about. I heard Terrako whistle in question, but as he started to walk towards his evil counterpart, Ellet grabbed his leg and stopped him.

"We'll redeem ourselves to you, Elric. Right here and now, by taking the life of the king!" Sooga aimed one of his dueling swords at my father, who's eyes narrowed as he never pulled his sword away.

"I'm not sure if you two deserve redemption after leaving an opening for our plan to be ruined," Elric scoffed, glaring at the pair of them. But then he smiled, a crooked smile. "But I wouldn't mind watching you try."

Sooga took the initiative and rushed towards my father, drawing his other sword as he ran, and his blades crossed and slammed into my father's. The Master Sword sliced through the Yiga's and pushed him away, and my father glanced back at Ellet and I.

"Get out of here, kids, RUN!" Esther ran to Sooga and jumped off her brother's shoulders to get higher above my dad. He used his sword to knock her out of the air and spun once around, allowing his sword to clash with Sooga's once again.