Successor vs Masterpiece

Chapter 40

Right before the heated battle began, Uraraka was able to get out of the waiting room and walked toward her class at the viewing box.

"Have they started yet?" Uraraka questioned sluggishly, Tokoyami saw her and was shocked as well as Iida.

"Uraraka! What happened to you?! You look like something sucked your very soul out of you!" Iida questioned as Uraraka ignored him and pushed her question.

"No, they haven't, uhm have a seat, it looks like you really need to," Iida answered as he offered the seat between him and Tokoyami.

"Also what the heck happened to you?! Do you need to go back to Recovery Girl?" Iida questioned as Uraraka rubbed her eyes and then replaced it with determination.

"So anyways, what's Deku-kun gonna do about that ice?" Uraraka questioned.

Apparently the Sports Festival isn't only being closely watched by pros, parents and relatives but also the enemy.

"Pay close attention, Tomura," a voice said. Shigaraki was also watching the Sports Festival from afar.

"They may be obstacles for you in the future," the voice continued as Shigaraki sighed.

"Don't make me laugh,"

Going back to the actual event at the arena, the two were still standing face to face and didn't start yet.

The first thing he'll do is to go at me and freeze me! Midoriya thought to himself 

It'll be bad news if I let him use that powerful force Todoroki said to himself and at that moment Present Mic signaled the battle to begin and immediately Todoroki sent out a huge ice cliff. Midoriya sent out his quirk right after Todoroki's strike.

"SMASSSHHHHHH!" Midoriya yelled and Todoroki's ice was broken and Todoroki was sent back but he was able to stop himself from being out of bounds as he used a small ice wall to keep him from stepping out.

"Huh, so it actually got sent back," Todoroki muttered as the cold gust of wind splashed his face, in order not to get icicles, he used his arms as a shield. Midoriya on the other hand, got his finger injured but still remained determined.

So you were planning to injure yourself just to stop my attack... Todoroki said but he saw the look on Midoriya's face.

"WHOAHH! He smashed the ice!!" Present Mic exclaimed. Midoriya held onto his arm in pain but kept a straight face. All Might watched anxiously.

*He has no idea of the strength that Todoroki kid can do! And so he's throwing out everything he can with his 5% of One for All, but that's all he can do if he wants to avoid becoming an ice pop!* All Might said in his head as he continued to watch. 

Todoroki continued to attack, strike and went head on toward Midoriya while Midoriya continued to use his quirk to destroy the ice. Midoriya now had two injured fingers and trembled as he had six left.

*I don't have much data and information on Todoroki-kun and his quirk.. All I know is that he prefers to use his right as he has problems with his left but that's just it! And with no data I need to find openings and weak spots on my own!* Midoriya thought as he was troubled.

*He probably put that ice behind him in order for support in order for me not to blast him out, it was right for me to use my fingers and not sacrifice my whole arm or else it would be wasted if I don't get anything good out of using my whole arm,* Midoriya continued.

"I need to find it-- I need to find that opening!" Midoriya yelled as he gritted his teeth, Todoroki looked at his fingers but continued on and Midoriya attacked by using his quirk once again.