Todoroki Shoto: Origin

Chapter 41

Right after Midoriya's speech, Todoroki stood still as if time itself stopped and at that moment his Mother's words echoed through his head.

It's okay, Shoto. You...

Afterwards, Todoroki sighed as cold air came out.

At some point along the way, I forgot.

"What do you think you're doing...?" Todoroki said after the silence.

"With all my might"? Did my shitty old man pay you off..?" Todoroki questioned as he gritted his teeth but Midoriya didn't say anything.

"Alright, now you're pissing me off!" Todoroki advanced and Midoriya did too but something was off, Todoroki seemed a bit slow.

From the crowd, Katsuki noticed this and gasped while his hand was placed over his mouth to think.

*No way... his moves have gotten slow! His body must've His body must've frostbite by now... Good thing is that it's different from my limit. His is more like a video game's MP meter..* Katsuki thought as he was closely observing the whole match.

""Could it be that the range he showed off against soy sauce was his max limit?"" he continued as he muttered.

"Huh?" Kitsuki said beside him and caused his thought bubble to burst.

"It could be that icey bastard's limit is with not balancing both and with the use of only one half. He's being stubborn in using his other half.. And now he's receiving his consequence," Katsuki said as Kitsuki turned back to the match.

"Hm I didn't expect you to be this observant," Kitsuki mocked and Katsuki ignored her and continued to watch.

*The second I raised my left leg... he- tch damn him!* Todoroki grunted. Midoriya mumbled to himself to not let the egg explode as it was taught to him and at that moment he activated his quirk using his already injured arm and sent Todoroki flying but he landed roughly.

Midoriya's hand bled internally but endured it and the crowd went wild. Todoroki held onto the area where he was punched and was angered, causing him to use his ice once again.

"Your ice is weakening!" Midoriya yelled as he noticed the strength of Todoroki's ice isn't the same as before.

"Shall I go and stop them, Midnight?" Cementoss questioned through the earpiece.

"Midoriya is being troublesome, he's probably continuing on due to the fact that he can be simply healed and he's likely too hopped up on adrenaline to be feeling any pain," Cementoss reported and Midnight listened.

"But those wounds are just too serious! I can't imagine a single session will suffice for a full recovery," Cementoss ended and Midnight didn't have any words.

Aizawa watched up on the observation deck and had lots of thoughts to himself while watching,

I can't let him go on and say "It's no use, I can't control my quirk" otherwise when would it end? 

The power output is becoming lower and he's able to do it, he's not being troublesome, in fact he's doing this in order to win and this is the very best he can do.

But I wonder....

No matter how many times he'll say "It's okay, I'll be healed," leaping into such intense pain necessitates a matching level of resolve.

All Might himself thought that what Midoriya was doing was a bit overboard but he wondered what was driving Midoriya to do this.

"Gha! I can no longer clench my fist!" Midoriya cursed at that moment, Todoroki advanced once again but Midoriya was alert. Instead of clenching his fist, he placed his thumb inside his mouth toward his cheek and activated his quirk. Todoroki was sent back once more.